DEQ Main Menu
Utah Wastewater Operator Certification Program
Administered by the Utah Division of Water Quality
- Applications and Forms
- Becoming a Certified Wastewater Operator in Utah
- Calendar: Utah W/WW Operator Training Calendar Events
- Certification Exams
- Certification Without Examination (Grandfather Clause)
- Contact Information
- Continuing Education (CEU) Requirements
- Criteria for Wastewater Operator Training Courses
- Current CEU Status
- Examination Preparation
Continuing Education (CEU) Requirements
Continuing education is required to maintain your wastewater certificate.
- For grades I and II, 2 CEUs are required for renewal.
- For grades III and IV, 3 CEUs are necessary.
Required CEUs must be earned during the 3 year period prior to the expiration date of the certificate.
All CEUs are subject to review and approval to ensure that the training is related to the duties of a wastewater operator.
Credit for a single training experience may be counted towards multiple certificates only if it is applicable to each type of certification.
The minimum credit that will be entered into the certification database is 0.1 CEUs. Credit will be given for actual training time over that minimum for each training event (which may consist of multiple topics.) Generally, 1 hour of specialized training = 0.1 CEU (policy revised 2/1/2011).