DEQ Main Menu
Fees, Grants, and Funds
Drinking Water: Construction Assistance Programs
Potential Construction Projects in Utah
- Potential Construction Projects (Updated Weekly)
One of EPA's stated purposes for the federally funded State Revolving Fund (SRF) is to help water systems comply with the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). The list of potential construction projects is the Division's attempt to identify water systems that need construction projects to comply with the SDWA. This list is generated from two different sources of information in the Division's database:
- Those water systems that have significant physical deficiencies found during sanitary surveys.
- Those water systems that have a maximum contaminant level (MCL) violation.
By combining these two sources of information, this list attempts to show those drinking water systems that could benefit from a future project. As such, these systems could qualify to receive State or federal SRF funding. The Division's hope in providing the list is to encourage drinking water systems appearing on the list to contact their engineering consultants to build a project, and for consultants to work with their clients to build a project. The intent of such projects is compliance with the SDWA.
To know the details that caused a system to appear on the list, the online reports link provides an Improvement Priority System (IPS) report for the identified systems. The IPS report lists:
- all of the physical deficiencies (both significant and insignificant);
- all monitoring and quality violations; and,
- reporting and procedural violations such as compliance with operator certification requirements and backflow protection requirements.
It is envisioned that the IPS report will be the starting point for a more detailed investigation of all issues that could be resolved with a construction project.
After a more detailed evaluation, water systems and their consultants are encouraged to submit a funding application accessible from the Division's Construction Assistance Web page.