DEQ Main Menu
Proposed Amendment to Rule R309-500
Laws and Rules: Drinking Water
Public Comment Period from 9/15/2017 to 10/16/2017
The Division of Drinking Water is accepting comments from September 15 through October 16, 2017, on a proposed amendment to R309-500. The proposed amendment applies primarily to Paragraphs R309-500-6(3) and (4), Plan Submittal Waivers, and Section R309-500-7, Approval of Standard Installation Drawings and Specifications for Water Transmission and Distribution Lines, and would replace the current Plan Submittal Waiver program with a similar program of Approved Standard Installation Drawings and Specifications for construction of water transmission and distribution lines.
The proposed program would eliminate the requirement for water systems to obtain waivers individually or at year’s end from the Division. Once a water system has Approved Standard Installation Drawings and Specifications, it would be authorized to install water lines up to and including 16 inches in diameter for a renewable five-year period without any further interaction with the Division.
See the following documents for help understanding the proposed amendment:
- Proposed Amendment to R309-500
- Table comparing current Plan Submittal Waiver program with the proposed program
- Draft Application for water systems to request approval of Standard Installation Drawings and Specifications for water transmission and distribution lines
For water systems that are currently eligible for the Plan Submittal Waiver program:
- If a water system meets the criteria of the proposed program, it will be automatically rolled over to the new program with a 5-year effective date.
- If a water system lacks some of the criteria of the proposed program, division staff will contact the system and provide guidance about how to qualify for the new program.
The proposed rule amendment will be published in the Utah Bulletin on September 15, 2017. The 30-day public comment period is from September 15 to October 16, 2017. During this public comment period, please send written comments by email to Bernie Clark (email@example.com or (801) 536-0092), or by mail to Division of Drinking Water, P.O. Box 144830, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4830.