DEQ Main Menu
General Asbestos Information
We have created a new demolition pamphlet in order to help guide you through the DAQ demolition notification process and to help you comply with both the state and federal demolition requirements. See the How to Comply with Federal and Utah Demolition Requirements pamphlet for more information.
Update September 20, 2017
New Work Practices and Management Plan coversheet, see AHERA for more information.
Asbestos is a name given to a group of minerals that occur naturally as masses of long silky fibers. Asbestos is known for its unique properties of being resistant to abrasion, inert to acid and alkaline solutions, and stable at high temperatures. Because of these attributes, asbestos was widely used in construction and industry. Asbestos fibers are woven together or incorporated within other materials to create many products. Get more information about asbestos.
- Asbestos Cleanup Procedures
- Asbestos Hazards During Abatement and Renovation Activities
- How to Comply with Utah Demolition Requirements
- Homeowner Removal Procedures for Spray-on Ceiling
- Intentional Burning of Structures for Fire Training
- Renovation or Demolition? What You Need to Know Before You Start
Professional Asbestos Service Providers in Utah
Summaries of Asbestos Regulations and Policies
Summary of certification and notification fees.
Please check the codification segue page for rules that have been made effective after the most current version of the code has been published.
Interpretations applicable to asbestos work in Utah.
Download Excel calculation sheets:
- Demolition Fees
- Fees for Asbestos Removal in an Owner-Occupied Home
- Fees for Asbestos Removal in Other Structures
Federal Asbestos Regulations and Policies
- National Emission Standards For Asbestos CFR Part 61 Subpart M
- OSHA Standards 1910.1001, 1915.1001, and 1926.1101 (Questions? See Utah OSHA)
- Toxic Substances Control Act PART 763—AHERA
If you have further questions about asbestos please contact Lisa Haroutunian (801) 536-4007