DEQ Main Menu
Clean Fuels Program
Grants and Loans
2016-17 Award Announcement
The Utah Department of Environmental Quality has completed the evaluations of the Clean Fuel Grant Program applications for 2016-17. Grants totaling $350,000 will be awarded. Successful applicants are being notified by mail regarding the details of their award. Congratulations to the following entities:
- Momentum Recycling: $175,499 for natural gas refueling equipment and $40,875 for natural gas refuse trucks
- Office of Energy Development: $70,000 grant for 60 EV charging ports to be installed throughout the state
- Salt Lake City Corporation: $39,626 grant to purchase five EVs and $24,000 to purchase three charging stations
OverviewThe Utah Clean Fuels and Vehicle Technology Grant Program provides grants to assist businesses and government entities in covering:
- Up to 50% of the cost of converting vehicles to a cleaner burning fuel (minus the amount of any tax credit claimed,
- Up to 50% of the incremental cost of a clean fuel OEM vehicle as defined in 19-1-402 (minus the amount of any tax credit claimed), or
- The cost of clean fuel refueling equipment for a private sector business vehicle or a government vehicle as defined in 19-1-402.
For more information contact: Lisa Burr at (801) 536-4019.