DEQ Main Menu
Used Oil Recycling Program
Administered by the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control
Page Address: usedoil.utah.gov
The mission of the Used Oil Program is to protect the public and the environment from exposure to contamination caused by the improper treatment, storage, and disposal of used oil.
The goals of the Used Oil Program are to eliminate, or reduce, the obstacles to proper collection and disposal of do-it-yourselfer (DIYer) used oil, (i.e., used oil generated through household activities, including maintenance of personal vehicles) through a broad and extensive public education program, and by making used oil collection centers more accessible, and to maintain pertinent standards and regulations that apply to oil handlers including generators, transporters, processors, re-refiners, burners, and marketers.
O'Reilly Auto Parts Stores now recycle used oil filters. Drop-off your filters with your used oil, FREE!
- DWMRC Forms
- Off-Specification Burners
- Permitted Used Oil Facilities
- Re-Refiners and Processors
- Transfer Facilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Inspection Checklist for Used Oil Collection Center
- Origins of Used Oil
- Program Funding and Priorities
- Used Oil Inspections, Enforcement, and Prohibited Practices
- Used Oil Statistics
- Why Have a Used Oil Program?
For more information about the Used Oil Program, please contact Deborah Ng (801) 536-0218.