DEQ Main Menu
Administered by the Utah Division of Water Quality
Wetland Monitoring and Assessment
Utah's Wetland Program Plan
This document was prepared for the EPA Region 8 Wetlands Program through a collaboration between DWQ and the Utah Geological Survey (UGS). The current version describe how DWQ and UGS wetland-related efforts support the development of a successful wetlands program for Utah for the 2011 to 2016 period. This plan will be revised in late 2014.
Assessment Tools for GSL Wetlands
- Technical Memo: Impounded Wetlands Validation Report (2014) (1MB)
Sampling and Analysis Plans
Standard Operating Procedures
- Filtering of Chlorophyll-a Samples (09/09/11)
- Calibration, Maintenance, and Use of Hydrolab Multiprobes (09/09/11)
- Collection of Macroinvertebrates in Wetlands (09/09/11)
- Collection of Water Chemistry Samples (09/10/11)
- Collection of Zooplankton Samples Using a Horizontal Tow (09/09/11)
- Determining Percent Cover of Aquatic Vegetation in Wetlands (09/09/11)
- Sediment Samples in Wetlands (09/10/11)
- SOPs for Analysis of Aquatic Macroinvertebrate Sample Collected from the Great Salt Lake Freshwater Wetlands (07/2009)
- SOPs from the Willard Spur Project
Previous Work on Wetland Assessment
Development of an Assessment Framework for Impounded Wetlands of Great Salt Lake
DWQ (2009) (98 pages; 2.7MB)
Ecological and Beneficial Use Assessment of Farmington Bay Wetlands
Progress Report to EPA Region VIII by Miller and Hoven (2007) (16.5MB)
Farmington Bay Sampling Sites
Map of wetlands sampling sites, 2004.
Great Salt Lake Map
Includes waterfowl management areas, wildlife reserves, and state parks.
August 2009 through March 2011.
For more information, contact:
Utah Division of Water Quality
195 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114