COVID-19: Offices of the Utah Department of Environmental Quality are open. In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are limiting person-to-person contact. Please contact DEQ here to conduct business.
Asbestos Disposal Sites
Clean Harbors Grassy Mountain, LLC
- Location: I-80 to exit 41, 3 miles east, 7 miles north in Clive, Utah
- Contact: Chuck Lawrence, Sales Representative
- Address: Clean Harbors, 662 Blueridge Drive, Tooele, Utah 84074
- Telephone: (801) 597-0283 | Email
- Conditions: Generator must obtain a pre-shipment certification and submit a Waste Profile Sheet to Clean Harbors. Then Clean Harbors will schedule a time for the waste generator to deliver the asbestos-containing waste material to the Grassy Mountain Facility for disposal. Transportation may be arranged.
Contract Environmental Services, Inc.
- Location: 1/2 mile west of Hovenweep on Hwy 191, Aneth, Utah
- Contact: Yoshi Okano
- Address: 925 S. Broadway, Suite #251, Cortez, Colorado 81321
- Telephone: (970) 565-1198
ECDC Environmental LC
- Location: 1111 West Highway 123, East Carbon, Utah 84520
- Contact: Steve Noble, Vice President of Engineering and Operation
- Address: P.O. Box 69, East Carbon, Utah 84520
- Telephone: (801) 888-4451
- Conditions: 24 hour notice prior to disposal of asbestos waste
- Location: 80 miles west of Salt Lake City on I-80, Exit 49, 3 miles south, Tooele County.
- Contact: Jeff Gardner, Vice President of Clive
- Address: 423 West 300 South, Suite 200, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
- Telephone: (801) 649-2000
- Conditions: 2 week notice prior to disposal of asbestos waste, and asbestos material must be radioactive material.
Iron County Landfill
- Location: 3127 North Iron Springs Road, Cedar City, Utah
- Contact: Bruce Anderson, Manager
- Address: PO Box 743, Cedar City, Utah 84721
- Telephone: (435) 865-7015
- Conditions: The asbestos site is only open by appointment and at specified times. Asbestos will only be accepted between 8:00am & 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Call and arrange receiving/disposal date and time.
Johns Valley Class I Landfill
- Location: Sec. 36, T 34, R3W, Johns Valley, Garfield, Utah
- Contact: Brian Bremner
- Address: PO Box 77, Panguitch, Utah 84759
- Telephone: (435) 676-1119
- Conditions: Waste accepted by appointment only. Check with operator for conditions of acceptance.
Logan City Landfill
- Location: 1400 West 153 North, Logan, UT
- Contact: John D. Christensen, Landfill Manager
- Telephone: (435) 716-9777
- Contact: Patrick Craig, District Manager
- Address: 6976 West California Avenue, Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
- Telephone: (801) 250-0555
- Conditions: By contract only—contact landfill for further information.
North Utah County Transfer Station
- Contact: Stewart Cowley, Manager
- Address: 2000 West 200 South, Lindon, Utah
- Telephone: (801) 225-8538
- Conditions: Any waste going to this facility will ultimately end up at ECDC Environmental and waste shipping records should reflect that as the final destination.
Salt Lake Valley Landfill
- Location: 6030 West 1300 South, Salt Lake City
- Contact: Bud Stanford, Dan Bauer, P.O. Box 308, Midvale, Utah 84047
- Telephone: (385) 468-6370
- Conditions: Accept asbestos waste from Salt Lake County only.
Waste Control Management
- Location: 8000 West 1300 South, Salt Lake City
- Contact: Joe Belton, Office Manager
- Address: 350 West Hartwell Avenue, Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
- Telephone: (801) 740-1269
- Conditions: Advance notice must be provided when a large asbestos waste load, ten wheel truck or larger, is to be delivered.