Frequently Asked Questions:
Clean Fuel Vehicle Tax Credit Program

Is the Utah Clean Fuel Tax Credit currently available?

No, the Utah Clean Fuel Tax Credit expired on December 31, 2016

Are there Federal tax credits available?

Visit the IRS’ Qualified Alternative Fuel Motor Vehicles (QUFMV) and Heavy Hybrid Vehicles Website to view Federal tax credits that may be available.

How can I find an alternative fueling station?

The most comprehensive lists of CNG stations are available from the following Websites:

How Can I submit my TC40V and Required documents?
  • Email (
  • U.S. Mail:
    Utah Division of Air Quality,
    P.O. Box 144820
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4820
  • Deliver to Our Building:
    195 North 1950 West,
    4th Floor,
    Salt Lake City, Utah
  • FAX: (801) 536-0085

We will then review the TC40V and the associated documentation to determine if the vehicle is eligible for the tax credit. If it is we will sign and stamp the TC40V and send the TC40V back to you. If something is missing we will send out a letter explaining what is missing.

Is the title good enough to show proof of purchase?

The title by itself is not sufficient to show proof of purchase. If there is no bill of sale you may need some other type of documentation. Please contact Mat Carlile (385) 306-6532.