Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Compressed Natural Gas Vehicles
Thirty-five percent of the vehicle’s purchase price minus any grant received, up to $2,500 per vehicle registered in Utah if:
- it is fueled by compressed natural gas;
- it meets the clean fuel vehicle standards in the Clean Air Act; and,
- a previous owner did not take the same credit.
- A copy of the motor vehicle’s window sticker, which includes its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), or equivalent manufacturer’s documentation showing that the motor vehicle is an OEM Compressed Natural Gas vehicle; or,
- a signed statement by an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-certified technician that includes the vehicle identification number (VIN), the technician’s ASE certification number, and states that the motor vehicle is an eligible OEM vehicle;
- an original or copy of the purchase order, customer invoice, or receipt including the VIN (bill of sale); and,
- a copy of the current Utah vehicle registration.