Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Compressed Natural Gas Vehicles
Taxpayers may claim a non refundable tax credit of thirty-five percent of the vehicle’s purchase price minus any grant received, up to $2,500 per vehicle registered in Utah if:
- it is fueled by natural gas;
- it meets the clean fuel vehicle standards in the Clean Air Act; and
- a previous owner did not take the same credit.
- A copy of the motor vehicle’s window sticker, which includes its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), or equivalent manufacturer’s documentation showing that the motor vehicle is an OEM Compressed Natural Gas vehicle; or,
- a signed statement by an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-certified technician that includes the vehicle identification number (VIN), the technician’s ASE certification number, and states that the motor vehicle is an eligible OEM vehicle;
- an original or copy of the purchase order, customer invoice, or receipt that includes:
- the name of the taxpayer seeking the credit, the name of the seller of the motor vehicle;
- the VIN;
- purchase date; and,
- price of the motor vehicle; and,
- a copy of the current Utah vehicle registration in the name of the taxpayer seeking the credit.
Proof of purchase requirements for OEM vehicles can be found in R307-121-3.