Special Mobile Equipment Converted to Clean Fuels
Taxpayers may claim a non refundable tax credit of fifty percent of the cost of equipment for conversion of special mobile equipment engine minus any grant received, up to maximum tax credit of $1,000 per special mobile equipment engine, if:
- it is to be fueled by propane, compressed natural gas, or electricity;
- it is to be fueled by another fuel determined by the Air Quality Board to be:
- as effective as the above listed fuels; or,
- substantially more effective in reducing air pollution than the fuel for which the engine was originally designed; and,
- a previous owner did not take the same credit.
- a description, including serial number, of the special mobile equipment for which credit is to be claimed;
- an original or copy of the purchase order, customer invoice, or receipt that includes:
- the name of the taxpayer seeking the credit,
- the serial number,
- the date of conversion, and
- the price of the conversion equipment installed on the special mobile equipment.
Proof of purchase requirements for special mobile equipment converted to clean fuels can be found in R307-121-6.