When is the next registration Event?
- March 1 event is limited to households of any size with a yearly income of $60,000 or less. Check your address to see if you qualify.
- Reservations can fill very quickly! Read about refreshing the event page when the event opens.
- Before applying, make sure you are eligible!
Does my home qualify?
- Must have a 12-month history of wood burning for a significant amount of home heating
- Applicant must be the legal owner of the home
- All purchases, installation, and decommissioning work must be performed by a DAQ authorized dealer
- One voucher per household
- No new homeowners (less than 1 yr.)
- No rental or commercial properties
- No attached buildings or garages
- No projects that have already been installed
- No homeowners who only occasionally use their wood stove/fireplace
- No gas fireplaces (with or without gas logs)
- Vouchers may not be used for remodeling or finishing work
How do I sign up?
- First – make sure you meet eligibility requirements and income limitations (if applicable).
- Make sure you are on the Eventbrite registration page right when registration opens – registrations fill up very quickly.
- Refresh the page to see the registration button at the top (try a “hard” refresh by pressing shift+cntrl+r [Windows] or shift+cmd+r [Mac]).
- Be sure to complete all of the required form fields.
What happens after I register?
- You will receive an email from Eventbrite confirming your registration (this is not guarantee for getting an incentive award).
- If you qualify, you will be notified several business days after the registration closure with an email containing instructions on how to complete the application process.
- If you do not qualify, you will be notified by email.
Program Instructions and Funding
Eligible applicants are issued an award voucher that expires 30 days from the date it is given to the homeowner, unless the recipient enters into a contract with a program approved vendor. The project under this program must be completed within 100 days of receiving an award.
Once you enter into contract with an approved vendor, you must give the vendor your award voucher for processing. The vendor will reduce the cost of the purchase by the amount of the voucher at the time of purchase. Reimbursements are paid directly to DAQ approved vendors.
|Rebate Amounts for Wood Smoke Reduction Program|
Non low-income households
|1||Converting a wood stove or fireplace to a propane or natural gas fueled appliance (program excludes gas logs)||Up to $4,000||Up to $2,800|
|2||Converting a wood stove or fireplace to an electric appliance||Up to $2,000||Up to $1,000|
Low-income Household Qualifications:
Applicants may request low-income status if the total household income is equal to or below the levels below.
|Number of exemptions on your federal tax return||Adjusted Gross Household Income|
|Additional exempt add||$11,200|
2021 Upcoming Events
- March 22: Small portions of South Davis and Salt Lake counties that fall within the Salt Lake City Meridian. Sound confusing? A map and instructions will be provided.
- April 12: Salt lake County
Questions? Contact us
- Stove Swap
- (385) 306-6535