2021 Upcoming Registration Events
- October 4: Box Elder County
- October 20: Weber County
- November 8: Davis County
- November 17: Salt Lake County
- December 6: Utah County
- January 10, 2022: Cache County
Does my home qualify?
- Must have a 12-month history of wood burning for a significant amount of home heating
- Applicant must be the legal owner of the home
- All purchases, installation, and decommissioning work must be performed by a DAQ authorized dealer
- One award per household
- No new homeowners (less than 1 yr.)
- No rental or commercial properties
- No attached buildings or garages
- No projects that have already been installed
- No homeowners who only occasionally use their wood stove/fireplace
- No gas fireplaces (with or without gas logs)
- Awards may not be used for remodeling or finishing work
What is the Conversion Program?
The Wood Stove and Fireplace Conversion Assistance Incentive Program was developed to improve air quality by reducing wintertime wood smoke pollutants. The program provides grant funding to households to lower the cost of replacing a wood-burning heating device with cleaner options. The program applies to households who actively use wood fuel for heating their home.
How do I sign up?
- Make sure you meet eligibility requirements and income limitations (if applicable).
- On this page, a button will appear at the top if there is an event available. This button will take you to the Eventbrite registration page.
- Registration fills up very quickly! Make sure you are on the Eventbrite registration page right when registration opens.
- Refresh the Eventbrite page to see the REGISTER button appear at the top (try a “hard” refresh by pressing shift+cntrl+r [Windows] or shift+cmd+r [Mac]).
- Be sure to complete all of the required form fields.
What happens after I register?
- You will receive an email from Eventbrite confirming your registration (this is not a guarantee for getting an incentive award).
- If you qualify, you will be notified several business days after the registration closure with an email containing instructions on how to complete the application process.
- If you do not qualify, you will be notified by email.
Program Instructions and Funding
Eligible applicants are issued an award voucher that expires 30 days from the date it is given to the homeowner, unless the recipient enters into a contract with a program approved vendor. The project under this program must be completed within 100 days of receiving an award.
Once you enter into contract with an approved vendor, you must give the vendor your award voucher for processing. The vendor will reduce the cost of the purchase by the amount of the voucher at the time of purchase. Reimbursements are paid directly to DAQ approved vendors.
|Rebate Amounts for Wood Smoke Reduction Program|
Non low-income households
|1||Converting a wood stove or fireplace to a propane or natural gas fueled appliance (program excludes gas logs)||Up to $4,000||Up to $2,800|
|2||Converting a wood stove or fireplace to an electric appliance||Up to $2,000||Up to $1,000|
Low-income Household Qualifications:
Applicants may request low-income status if the total household income is equal to or below the levels below.
|Number of exemptions on your federal tax return||Adjusted Gross Household Income|
|Additional exempt add||$11,200|