NOTE: Applications are no longer being accepted.
Cache and Utah County applications will re-open July 2, 2019.
The current source of funding is from a federal grant that will continue until all the funds are exhausted.
The state legislature has passed a bill providing funding that will become available after July 1, 2019. That funding has different program requirements than the federal grant, consequently we cannot combine the programs. More information available after July, 2019.
Utah County: Applications will re-open July 2, 2019 for 180 awards.
Current Federal Grant Program
The Utah Division of Air Quality (DAQ), through a grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, has developed a wood smoke reduction incentive program for homeowners to reduce wintertime pollution from wood burning in the seven counties that currently fail to meet National Ambient Air Quality Standard for fine particulates.
- Exchange an operational wood stove (including pellet) for a gas stove (natural gas or propane);
- Convert a fireplace to a gas fireplace (natural gas or propane); or
- Exchange an operational uncertified wood stove for an EPA certified wood stove.
NOTE: This program only applies to gas inserts, NOT gas logs.
|Rebate Amounts for Wood Smoke Reduction Program|
Non low-income households
|1||Any operational wood stove/insert or open fireplace to natural gas- or propane-fueled stove/insert||$3,800||$2,800|
|2||Operational uncertified wood stove/insert to EPA-certified wood stove/insert||$500||$500|
Low-income Household Qualifications:
Applicants may request low-income status if the total household income is equal to or below the levels below.
|Number of Dependents||Adjusted Gross Household Income|
|Additional dependent add||$8,360|
- Applicants are limited to 1 incentive award per household.
- Wood stoves must be operational.
- All purchases, installation, and decommissioning work must be performed by a DAQ authorized dealer. A list of authorized dealers will be included in the award document.
NOTE: Retroactive projects are not eligable. You must have a valid award in hand before beginning this program.
Option 1 and option 2 incentive funding is paid directly to the DAQ authorized dealer. The dealer will reduce the cost of the purchase per the DAQ authorized incentive at the time of purchase.
- Stove Swap
- (801) 536-4000