Plan Review Checklists
- Alternative Surface Water Treatment (31 KB)
- Conventional Surface Water Treatment (83 KB)
- Disinfection – Chlorine (39 KB)
- Disinfection – Chlorine Dioxide (28 KB)
- Disinfection – Ozone (30 KB)
- Disinfection – UV (28 KB)
- Distribution Systems (29 KB)
- Fluoridation (31 KB)
- Miscellaneous Treatment Methods (36 KB)
- Pump Stations (33 KB)
- Spring Sources (24 KB)
- Surface Water Sources (20 KB)
- Water Storage Tanks (31 KB)
- Well Sources (45 KB)
Plan Review – Other Documents
- Inorganics and Organics Treatment – Internal Review Checklist (27 KB)
- Policy for Dichlor and Trichlor Disinfection (222 KB)
- Project Notification Form (27 KB)
- Public Drinking Water Project Definition (216 KB)
- Surface Water Treatment – Internal Review Checklist (29 KB)
- Water/Sewer Separation – Plan Review & Exceptions (16 KB)
Chlorine Dose Calculator for Tanks and Pipelines
This tool is for estimating chemical quantity needed to disinfect tanks and pipelines. This Chlorine Dose Calculator spreadsheet allows the users to enter concentration and type of chlorine disinfectant, target chlorine dose, and dimensions of tank or pipeline (up to 10 vessels).
Disinfection CT Calculator
This tool is for estimating chlorine disinfection CT in tanks and pipelines. This Disinfection CT Calculator spreadsheet allows users to enter the residual concentration, flow condition, and dimensions of tanks or pipelines. This tool gives a rough estimate of disinfection CT. For detailed design, additional safety factors and other considerations may be needed.
Public Drinking Water System Capacity Calculations
The following spreadsheets can be used to estimate the minimum capacity requirements for public drinking water systems. The protected spreadsheet is in a format that protects the formulas and links, while the unprotected file is available for individual modifications. These spreadsheets allow the user to enter the number of connections, irrigation and fire flow demands, existing source or storage volume capacities, etc.
- Capacity Calculations Spreadsheet: Protected (04/17/17) | Unprotected (04/17/17)
Estimate the minimum capacity requirements for public drinking water systems.
- Tables of Source and Storage Sizing Requirements (R309-510-7 and 8)
Source sizing tables.
- Irrigation Zone Map
This map shows the six zones in Utah with various irrigation demands.
Public Drinking Water System Capacity Calculations—Examples
The following examples are capacity calculations for various water system types, including Community, Transient Non-Community (TNC), and Non-Transient Non-Community (NTNC) water systems.
Scenario 1—Fable Haven Town: Info Sheet | Calculations
Scenario 2—Copycat Company: Info Sheet | Calc1 | Calc2
Scenario 3—Papa Bubba Cafe: Info Sheet | Calc1 | Calc2
Scenario 4—Spirited Away Campground: Info Sheet | Calculations
Scenario 5—Fast and Furious Rest Stop: Info Sheet | Calc1 | Calc2
Scenario 6—Sunrise RV Park: Info Sheet | Calc1 | Calc2