Financial Assistance, Fees, Funds, Grants, and Taxes

This page presents links to information on DEQ’s financial assistance, as provided by all Divisions.



  • Construction Assistance Programs: Drinking Water
    The Division of Drinking Water administers two financial assistance programs.

    • Federal State Revolving Fund: Drinking Water
      The national Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) program established by the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) Amendments of 1996, authorizes the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to award capitalization grants to states, which in turn may provide low-cost loans and other types of assistance to eligible public water systems to finance the costs of infrastructure projects needed to achieve or maintain compliance with SDWA requirements.
    • State Revolving Fund: Drinking Water
      The State of Utah established the State Revolving Fund program to provide low-interest loans (typically 2-4%, 20 years) and grants. Of all the funds allocated by this program, only approximately 5% are authorized as grants. All political subdivisions of the State of Utah (e.g. cities, towns, districts etc.) are eligible.