Monitoring for recreational water quality on December 19, 2022
BE CAREFUL: Harmful bacteria may be present at Fifth Water Hot Springs. This bacteria could cause rashes.
If visiting Fifth Water Hot Springs, we recommend:
- Dry off thoroughly after soaking
- Don’t hike out in wet clothes
- Shower immediately after soaking
- Do not dunk head
- Do not drink water or get it in your mouth
- Do not let pets drink water
- Avoid contact with algae growing on the sides and bottoms of some pools
A sample collected on 12/19 indicated high levels of the bacteria responsible for “hot tub rash” (Pseudomonas aeruginosa). Harmful algae (benthic cyanobacteria) may also be present. DWQ is working with the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest and Utah County Health Department to monitor this site.