Best Management Practices for the Oil and Gas Industry
Top Ten BMPs: #7 Monitoring and Maintenance
- Implement a Directed Inspection and Maintenance program to identify fugitive gas leaks from leaking compressors, valves, connectors, seals, and open-ended lines using infrared cameras, organic vapor analyzers, soap solutions, and ultrasonic leak detectors; and measurement devices, such as calibrated bagging, rotameters, and high volume sampler.
- Store drums and other material under cover, such as in a trailer, shed, or covering with tarp.
- Reduce Emissions During Drilling/Completions
- Reduce Emissions During Production
- Conserve Water
- Less Toxic Materials
- Reuse Materials
- High Efficiency Equipment
- Monitoring and Maintenance
- Dust and Tailpipe Emissions
- System Design
- Construction and Reclamation
Contact DEQ (801) 536-4000 for further information on the content of this page.