Best Management Practices for the Oil and Gas Industry
Top Ten BMPs: #10 Construction and Reclamation
- Use diversion dikes, containment diking, and curbing to reduce exposure of storm water runoff to cuttings and other waste storage areas.
- Segregate stormwater drainage from liquid storage, loading/unloading facilities and, operations areas from unimpacted areas.
- Use sediment traps, swales, and mulching during construction activities to reduce loss of sediment and contamination of runoff.
- Accelerate reclamation of site.
- Reclaim disturbances.
- Reduce Emissions During Drilling/Completions
- Reduce Emissions During Production
- Conserve Water
- Less Toxic Materials
- Reuse Materials
- High Efficiency Equipment
- Monitoring and Maintenance
- Dust and Tailpipe Emissions
- System Design
- Construction and Reclamation
Contact DEQ (801) 536-4000 for further information on the content of this page.