Hospitals and Healthcare Systems
Given the nature of the year-round service and scope of providing healthcare, many hospitals and healthcare systems are adopting environmental improvement programs to help them reduce their water and energy bills and cut down on the amount of waste and chemicals that they generate. Environmental improvement programs can also protect the health of patients, staff, the communities served, and the environment. Use the following resources to learn strategies to help you:
- Purchase products and services that are less damaging to the environment and protect the health of patients, staff, and the community.
- Minimize the use and exposure to toxic chemicals, including persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic (PBT) substances.
- Create healthy, healing environments by using sustainable design, building techniques, and building materials.
- Reduce water and energy use.
Utah Case Studies
- Intermountain's Energy Efficiency Projects (24.75 KB)
- Intermountain's Central Laundry (58.19 KB)
- Riverton Clinic (415.41 KB)
Contact us (801) 536-4000 for further information on the content of this page.