Asbestos is a name given to a group of minerals that occur naturally as masses of long silky fibers. Asbestos is known for its unique properties of being resistant to abrasion, inert to acid and alkaline solutions, and stable at high temperatures. Because of these attributes, asbestos was widely used in construction and industry. Asbestos fibers are woven together or incorporated within other materials to create many products. Find more information about asbestos.
Update September 20, 2017
New Work Practices and Management Plan coversheet, see AHERA for more information.
Removal Procedures & Info
We have created a new demolition pamphlet in order to help guide you through the DAQ demolition notification process and to help you comply with both the state and federal demolition requirements. See below for more information.
- How to Comply with Utah Demolition Requirements
- Asbestos Cleanup Procedures
- Asbestos Hazards During Abatement and Renovation Activities
- Homeowner Removal Procedures for Spray-on Ceiling
- Intentional Burning of Structures for Fire Training
- Renovation or Demolition? What You Need to Know Before You Start
Professional Asbestos Service Providers in Utah
Summaries of Asbestos Regulations and Policies
- Current Asbestos Fees (83.16 KB)
Summary of certification and notification fees.
- 307-801 Rule
Please check the codification segue page for rules that have been made effective after the most current version of the code has been published.
- Utah Asbestos Policy Statements
Interpretations applicable to asbestos work in Utah.
- Utah Asbestos Rules Packet (03/20/98)
Everything you ever wanted to know about Utah asbestos rules, policies, and so forth. This packet contains the new rules and forms as of August 1, 2000.
Federal Asbestos Regulations and Policies
- National Emission Standards For Asbestos CFR Part 61 Subpart M
- OSHA Standards 1910.1001, 1915.1001, and 1926.1101 (Questions? See Utah OSHA)
- Toxic Substances Control Act PART 763—AHERA
If you have further questions about asbestos please contact Tamie Call at (801) 536-4007.