Small Business Environmental Assistance Program
Air Quality Research Program
The Small Business Environmental Assistance Program helps small businesses with permitting assistance, emission calculations, technical issues, regulator interpretation, and pollution prevention techniques.
- Call Toll Free: (800) 270-4440
- TDD Number: (800) 346-4128 or 711
Small Business Technical Assistance
- Emission Calculations
- Pollution Prevention Techniques
- Technical Issues
- Understanding the Regulations and How They Relate to You
- Contact: Paul Harding (801) 536-4108
US EPA Information
- Applicability Determination Index—EPA Database of Memoranda
- Coatings Alternatives Guide (CAGE) Software
Designed to recommend low-emitting alternative coatings technologies to coatings users.
- Emission Factor Information
- MACT Updates
- Solvent Alternatives Guide (SAGE) Software Designed to provide recommendations for solvent replacements in cleaning and degreasing operations.
- Unified Air Toxics Website—NESHAPS
Other Clean Air Act Section 507 Programs
Contact: Paul Harding, Small Business Ombudsman (801) 536-4108
- Business Association Liaison
- Complaint Research and Resolution
- Policy Awareness and Education
Compliance Advisory Panel (CAP)
Advises and monitors the program.
Frequently Used Links
- Clean Utah
A program that rewards business and other permit holders for going beyond compliance to preserve and protect Utah's environment.
- DEQ Business Assistance
- Dust Control and the Aggregate Industry
- Emission Calculation Sheets
- Hazardous Air Pollutants and Small Business
Links to EPA Websites for dry cleaning, wood furniture finishing, and others; including downloadable forms designed for Utah.
- Permitting Costs
- Permitting Forms
- Pollution Prevention at Work
- Utah Air Rules
- Utah Environmental Laws and Rules
Other Assistance Centers
- The National Environmental Compliance Assistance Clearinghouse
- Small Business Gateway
- Technology Transfer Network—Air Toxics Website