DWQ’s 2016 Final Integrated Report
Water Quality Assessment Program
Update: May 30, 2018
DWQ is pleased to announce that the Region 8 Environmental Protection Agency has officially approved the 2016 Integrated Report. As EPA’s final approval letter indicates, this is a "partial approval " action, the details of which are discussed in the letter.
Update: December 7, 2016
DWQ received ~30 comments during the public comment period, which was held between June 10th, 2016 and 5:00 p.m. on September 8, 2016. DWQ is pleased to announce that the Final 2016 Integrated Report has been submitted to EPA for approval on December 7th, 2016, and all files have been updated on this website. EPA will have 30 days to review and provide final action on the 2016 Integrated Report.
Update: August 1, 2016
Closed: The Public Comment Period on the 2016 Draft Integrated Report is extended an additional 30-days. DWQ is now accepting public comments from June 10, 2016 until 5:00 p.m. on September 8, 2016.
During this time we are seeking input on:
- Substantive changes only from the 303(d) Assessment Methods that were posted from March 11, 2015 – April 12, 2015
- 305(b) and 303(d) list of impaired waters and
- Additional information that goes into generating the Report.
Comments must be submitted in writing by September 8, 2016, to James Harris, Utah Division of Water Quality, P.O. Box 144870, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84114-4870 or via email to email@example.com.
If you have additional questions, please contact James Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 536- 4360.
If during your review you have any questions specific to a particular assessment, please refer to our Draft 2016 IR contact page.
Update: July 22, 2016 - Public Hearing
On July 19th 2016 DWQ hosted a public hearing on the Draft 2016 Integrated Report. 22 stakeholders attended the hearing, and one comment was received. DWQ will respond to this comment and any other comments that are received during the Draft 2016 IR public comment period. The 60-day public comment period on the Draft 2016 IR will close on August 9th, 2016.
- Public Hearing Fact Sheet on the Draft 2016 Integrated Report
- Public Hearing Officer Statement
- DWQ Staff Statement
- Audio recording from the July 19th public hearing
Update: June 21, 2016
DWQ invites stakeholders and the general public to attend the public hearing on the Draft 2016 Integrated Report which will be held on July 19, 2016, at 2 p.m. in the DEQ Board Room, 195 North 1950 West, Salt Lake City, Utah.
2016 Final Approval Letters
- Utah's Final Submission Letter to EPA
- Full Print Ready Report
- Report Title Page
- Chapter 1: Introduction
Introduction to the Integrated Report (IR) Program.
- Chapter 2: Assessment Methods
Updated description of 303(d) methods for assessing rivers, stream, and lakes.
- Detailed summary of method changes and updates since the close of the public comment period between March 11, 2015 – April 12, 2015.
- See the draft 2016 303(d) assessment methods that were out for review public comment between March 11, 2015 – April 12, 2015 for more information.
- See the public comments (and DWQ’s response to comments) on the draft 303(d) assessment methods for more information.
- Chapter 3: Rivers and Stream Assessments (PDF)
List of supporting and impaired rivers and streams, including waters with a TMDL priority. The above PDF includes all Watershed Management Units (WMU).
All River and Stream Assessments Excel file that includes worksheets with the following information:
- Assessment Summaries: Rivers and Streams
- 305(b) List Only: Rivers and Streams
- 303(d) List Only: Rivers and Streams
- Delisting Table. This is a proposed list of potential delistings, which may change pending public and internal review.
- Approved TMDL List: Rivers and Streams
- Category 4A/ Approved TMDL Only Assessments: Rivers and Streams
- Category 4B Only Assessments: Rivers and Streams. DWQ does not have any to report this IR cycle.
- Category 4C Only Assessments: Rivers and Streams
- Chapter 4: Lakes and Reservoirs Assessments (PDF)
List of supporting and impaired lakes and reservoirs, including waters with a TMDL priority. The above PDF includes all Watershed Management Units (WMU).
All Lakes and Reservoir Assessments (Excel) Excel file that include worksheets with the following information:
- Assessment Summaries: Lakes and Reservoirs
- 305(b) List Only: Lakes and Reservoirs
- 303(d) List Only: Lakes and Reservoirs
- Delisting Table
- Approved TMDL List: Lakes and Reservoirs
- Category 4A/ Approved TMDL Only Assessments: Lakes and Reservoirs
- Category 4B Only Assessments: Lakes and Reservoirs. DWQ does not have any to report this IR cycle.
- Category 4C Only Assessments: Lakes and Reservoirs. DWQ does not have any to report this IR cycle.
- Chapter 5: Narrative Standard Assessment of Recreational Use Support in Lakes and Reservoirs and Application to Utah Lake
- Chapter 6: Evaluation of Harmful Algal Bloom Data in Farmington Bay, Great Salt Lake
- Chapter 7: Utah’s Draft Assessment Methods for High Frequency Data and Pilot: Application for the Jordan River Case Study (PDF)
Summary of proposed assessment methods for analyzing high frequency dissolved oxygen data with a focus on the Jordan River.
- 303(d) Vision and 5-alt Categories
- Geographical and Assessment Information about Sample Sites
- River and Stream Data Files
Assessment Summary and Data Files by parameter.
- Lakes and Reservoirs Data Files
Please Contact Jake Vanderlaan or Emilie Flemer for Utah Lake Harmful Algal Bloom Data and Profile Data. For Water Chemistry Data, visit AWQMS.
- Standards Used for the 2016 Report
List of individual comments received on the 2016 Draft Integrated Report public comment period from June 10th, 2016 and 5:00 p.m. on September 8, 2016:
- DWQ Public Hearing: 07192016
- EPA, Region 8: 08092016
- A. L. Meyers: 07252016
- B. M. Holden: 07292016
- C. M. DeVries
- D. D. Erley and A. Hulquist
- E. R. Dubuc: 09082016
- F. T. Holstrom and P. Heck: 09122016
- G. T. Miller | Data File (.zip: 3.24 MB)
- H. D. Decker, et al.
- I. R. Mickelsen: 09082016
- J. J. Stewart: 09082016
- K. L. Adams: 09202016
- L. M. Hodgesett
- M. M. Rau
- N. L. Rawlings | Data
- O. T. Bosteels: 09082016
- P. S. Austin: 09092016
- Q. J. Adams: 08312016
- R. D. Richards: 08282016
- S. S. Cannon: 08262016
- T. D. Sewell, et al.
- U. D. Wayment: 09072016
- V. M. Allen: 07302016
- W. J. Geertsen: 07302016
- X. S. Hatch: 07302016
- Y. J. Judd: 08082016
- Z1. D. Potts: 09062016
- Z2. E. Sorensen: 08022016
- Z3. T. Frates: 08092016
If you have questions about the Integrated Report please contact the following:
- Carl Adams
Watershed Protection Section Manager: (801) 536-4330 or email@example.com
- Marshall Baillie
High Frequency/ Continuous Monitoring Data: (801) 536-4322 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Bittner
Standards: (801) 536-4371 or email@example.com
- Amy Dickey
Fish Advisories and Assessments: (801) 536-4334 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emilie Flemer
305(b)/303(d) Rivers: (801) 536-4105 or email@example.com
- Jodi Gardberg
Standards and Technical Services Section Manager: (801) 536-4372 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benjamin Holcomb
Biological Assessments: (801) 536-4373 or email@example.com
- Toby Hooker
Data Management and Quality Assurance: (801) 536-4289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff Ostermiller
Nutrients: (801) 536-4370 or email@example.com
- Mark Stanger
GIS: (801) 536-4375 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jake Vander Laan
305(b)/303(d) Lake Assessments and the Great Salt lake: (801) 536-4350 or email@example.com
- Calah Worthen
E. coli Assessments: (801) 536-4376 or firstname.lastname@example.org