COVID-19: In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, The Utah Department of Environmental Quality is limiting person-to-person contact and will close our offices to the public starting on April 3. Please contact DEQ here to conduct business.

Section 3: Water Programs
Part 2: Drinking Water Certification
Utah DEQ Permit Wizard

Progress Meter

Under Utah State Law, the Utah Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is required to verify the lawful
presence in the United States of an individual at least 18 years of age (includes sole proprietor doing business
under an assumed name) who has applied for Water Operator certification or Backflow Technician certification. This
law also applies for renewal, reinstatement, and reciprocity applications.

1 Do you need a copy of the Citizenship Certification or Legal Resident form?

2 Do you wish to apply for or renew a Drinking Water Operator Certification?

3 Do you wish to apply for or renew a Backflow Technician or Cross Connection Certification?

4 Do you wish to pay for testing, registration, or certification fees online?

For related information on water quality or drinking water, visit our Related Topics page.

| Wizard Intro | Section Intro | Previous Step | Next Step |