COVID-19: Offices of the Utah Department of Environmental Quality are open. In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are limiting person-to-person contact. Please contact DEQ here to conduct business.

Section 5: Waste Programs
Utah DEQ Permit Wizard

Progress Meter

Any facility that generates or manages solid or hazardous waste is required to notify the US EPA. The State of Utah has authority to oversee this waste management. It is the obligation of the facility to properly characterize their waste and manage it appropriately. DWMRC will provide guidance and information to the facility.

1 Does your facility only generate municipal waste (trash)?

For related information on solid and hazardous waste, visit our Related Topics page.

| Wizard Intro | Section Intro | Previous Step | Next Step |