Welcome to the Utah Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Permit Wizard. The Permit Wizard is a tool designed to assist individuals and companies involved in activities regulated by DEQ to identify the permits, licenses, registrations, and certifications required for those activities. We encourage all who are new to DEQ’s regulatory process, as well as those currently regulated by DEQ, to use this tool to learn about the permits, licenses, registrations, and certifications applicable to businesses operating in Utah.
If you are unsure as to what types of permits, certifications, or licenses that you might need from DEQ, the Step-by-Step Permitting Process will help you determine your legal obligations. The Step-by-Step Permitting Process takes you through each specific area of interest one question at a time. In this way you will become exposed to all of the possible requirements. However, this can be a long process, so set aside time or bookmark your stopping page so that you can come back and continue from where you left off.
- YES: Choose an appropriate section.
You may return to this page to go to another section if you find that you need additional permits, or you can follow the Step-by-Step Process.
- NO: Begin the Step-by-Step Process, or contact DEQ (801) 536-4000 for assistance.
- Section 1: Radiation Programs
- Section 2: Air Programs
- Section 3: Water Programs
- Part 1: Public Drinking Water Systems
- Part 2: Drinking Water Certification
- Part 3: Wastewater Discharge Permits
- Part 4: Wastewater Certification
- Part 5: Indirect Discharges to Municipal Sanitary Sewers
- Part 6: Storm Water Permits
- Part 7: Groundwater Permits
- Part 8: Underground Injection Control Permits
- Related Topics
- Section 4: Petroleum Storage Tank Programs
- Part 1: Above Ground Storage Tanks
- Part 2: Underground Storage Tank Contractor Certification
- Part 3: Initial Underground Storage Tank Contractor Certification
- Part 4: Underground Storage Tank Contractor Recertification
- Part 5: Underground Storage Tank Owner/Operator Training & Registration Program
- Part 6: Requirements for Installing New Underground Storage Tanks
- Related Topics
- Section 5: Waste Programs
- Section 6: Other Programs
The Permit Wizard tool is designed to include the permits, licenses, registrations, and certifications issued and administered by the Utah Department of Environmental Quality. However, there may be additional regulatory requirements of DEQ and other federal, State, or local agencies that you may need that are not addressed in this online permitting tool. Please inquire of the appropriate agencies to determine what, if any, additional regulatory requirements you may be subject to.
After you’ve used this Permit Wizard, please take a few moments to evaluate the process.