Radon Certified Providers

For more information on Radon and indoor air quality go to https://www.epa.gov/radon

Who Can Test or Fix Your Home for Radon?

If you are interested in finding a qualified radon service professional to test or mitigate your home, or you need to purchase or have questions about a radon measurement device, you should:

  1. Contact Your State Radon Contact
    To determine what are, or whether there are, requirements associated with providing radon measurement and or radon mitigations/reductions in your State. Some States maintain lists of contractors available in their state or they have proficiency programs or requirements of their own.
  2. Contact One or Both of the Two Privately-run National Radon Proficiency Programs
    Listed here alphabetically; who are offering proficiency listing/accreditation/certification in radon testing and mitigation.

Note: Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Utah State or the United States Government.

National Radon Proficiency Program

The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Toll Free: (800) 269-4174 or (828) 890-4117
FAX: (828) 890-4161 | Email

Mailing Address
NEHA-NRPP Administrative Office
P.O. Box 2109
Fletcher, NC  28732

Delivery Address
313 Banner Farm Road, Suite 1-B
Horse Shoe, NC  28742

The National Radon Safety Board (NRSB)

Toll Free: (866) 329-3474
FAX: (914) 345-1169 | Email

Administrative Office Address
14 Hayes Street
Elmsford, NY  10523

Please Note

EPA-issued Radon Measurement (RMP) and Mitigation (RCP) photo-identification cards, ANY item with EPA’s logo or name, listing letters and identification numbers have not been valid since EPA closed its proficiency program in October 1998. Consequently, persons and companies should not represent themselves, their products or their services as “EPA Listed” or “EPA Approved” or “Meets EPA Requirements” or otherwise imply an EPA sanction. Consumers are encouraged to contact their State radon office (see the state contact list) for additional information or if you have a complaint/question.

After the close of EPA’s National Radon Proficiency Program (RPP) in 1998, there were requests that EPA offer some form of recognition of the two existing non-Federal radon proficiency programs. EPA offered a one-time acknowledgment to both of the existing non-Federal national radon proficiency programs (The National Radon Safety Board (NRSB) and The National Environmental Health Association’s (NEHA) National Radon Proficiency Program). This official acknowledgement ran through March 30, 2001 to December 31, 2002. EPA continues to encourage States, industry and consumers to work together to identify those elements that would improve non-Federal radon proficiency programs and go beyond EPA’s former voluntary RPP. These improved elements should then be adopted as standards of practice.

EPA continues to make available some of the background materials that were part of the former National Radon Proficiency Program (RPP), specifically:

Everything offered here is also offered on the EPA radon publication Website.

If you have further questions about Radon, please call your State Radon Contact or the National Radon Information Line at: (800) SOS-RADON (800) 767-7236.


Eleanor Divver, Radon Coordinator: (801) 536-0091