There are plenty of easy ways for you to save energy, and most take only a few minutes of your time:
- Turn off lights and appliances when you leave the room
- Set your water heater at 120 degrees
- Replace incandescent bulbs with LEDs
- Unplug battery chargers when not in use
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Install a programmable thermostat and turn down the heat and air conditioning when you’re not home
- Use the microwave to cook small meals
- Insulate your home, water heater, and pipes
- Put your computer to sleep when you’re not using it
- Use power strips for appliances to regulate energy flow
Make a ThermWise Home Energy Plan to make your home more energy efficient. For $25, an experienced Questar technician will come to your home and identify the ways you can reduce your energy use. Questar also offers rebates for weatherization and energy-efficient appliances.
Replacing your furnace, water heater, or appliances? Look for the EnergyStar label, your guide to energy efficient products.
For more tips on how to reduce your energy use, visit the Energy.gov website.