Lawn care businesses: Get a discount to go electric!
- Up to $3,000 total credit per business
- Recycle gas-powered leaf blowers or string trimmers, get online credit at participating stores
- Apply now!
- Note: for those businesses registered in Salt Lake City proper, any business license type is permitted to apply and receive this incentive while funding lasts.
Sign up to get important reminders for the application process.
Now accepting applicAtions
Application details below.
If you are selected
If your business is selected to participate, you will receive an email with instructions. Allow 7-10 business days to hear back.
Those selected will receive a coupon code to purchase battery-operated string trimmers, leaf blowers, and associated batteries and chargers from select retailers.
Is your business eligible?
Lawn care companies that:
- are licensed to do business in the State of Utah
- have a gas-powered leaf blower or string trimmer to recycle
- operate 100% in Davis, Salt Lake, Tooele, Utah, or Weber counties
Priority will be given to businesses that:
- operate in Salt Lake City
- have fewer than 100 employees
- operate in Environmental Justice areas as defined by the EPA EJ Screen Tool
- are BIPOC- and women-owned
How to Participate
How to apply and participate
Frequently Asked Questions
How many lawn care businesses will be selected to participate?
A minimum of 375 lawn care businesses will be selected to participate.
Do I have to recycle my gas-powered equipment to get the discount?
Yes, recycling your string trimmer(s) and/or leaf blower(s) is required. You will not receive credit for recycling any other gas-powered equipment.
How many gas-powered string trimmers and leaf blowers can I recycle for credit?
You can recycle as many units as you’d like, but the maximum credit awarded is $3,000. Recycling more than six units will not yield additional credit.
I didn’t get the email with my coupon code, what do I do?
Look in all email folders, including spam, for an email from ChargeYourYard@utah.gov.
I got a ticket from a metal recycler, now what?
Use the number on the recycling ticket to complete this coupon request form to receive your coupon code. Codes will be emailed on Mondays and Wednesdays.
What if I recycle six units, get a $3,000 credit, and go back to the recycler to recycle 6 more?
Our system will recognize your business already received a $3,000 credit and will not produce another code for you.
What equipment can I buy with my coupon?
Battery-operated string trimmers, leaf blowers, batteries, and chargers purchased from a participating retailer are eligible for the discount.
Can I buy electric equipment from any store?
No, the coupon codes will only work on purchases made at these participating retailers: Lowe’s, Home Depot, Redback, Cutler’s, Wilkinson Supply, and Al’s Auto Parts.
Can I purchase an item that is out of stock?
Maybe, not all retailers can honor coupons on an out of stock item.
Can I use my coupon code in the store?
Coupon codes are to be used on online purchases.
Do I need to use the entire value of my coupon code?
Yes, your order should be greater than the value of the coupon code excluding taxes and fees.
Download Promo Materials
- Informational flyer with FAQ
- Social media images
Program Terms and Conditions
I certify I am
- A commercial lawn care company
- Licensed to do business in the State of Utah
- Currently operate 100% in Davis, Salt Lake, Tooele, Utah, and Weber counties
I agree to
- Receive and use one coupon code per business
- Make purchase online from a retailer within Davis, Salt Lake, Tooele, Utah, or Weber counties
- Not resell any battery-electric equipment purchased through this program for profit
- Not return any battery-electric equipment purchased though this program to the retailer for profit
- DAQ reserves the right to select participants based on identified criteria and may change the criteria at any time
- By applying for this program I am not guaranteed to enter the program
- If I do not meet the eligibility criteria I will not be selected to participate