EPA Laws and Rules
- 40 CFR Part 280—EPA
Federal regulations governing underground storage tanks.
Brownfields and Land Revitalization.
Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Information System.
- EPA Region VIII
Serving Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, and 27 Tribal Nations.
- Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response (OSWER)—EPA
Provides policy, guidance, and direction for the Agency’s emergency response and waste programs.
- Office of Underground Storage Tanks—EPA
The EPA, states, and tribes work together to protect the environment and human health from potential UST releases.
Cleaning up the nations’ hazardous waste sites.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Pages related to DERR.
Other Related Laws and Rules
- CERCLA (Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act)
(Superfund)—Federal law governing cleanup of hazardous waste.
- RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act)
Federal law governing the treatment, storage, disposal, and transportation of hazardous waste.
- Utah Administrative Code Rules—R311
Administrative rules for the DERR.
- Utah Code—Title 19—Environmental Quality Code, Chapter 6—Hazardous Substances
State laws regulating Utah’s land, air, and water.
- Utah Code—Title 57—Chapter 25—Uniform Environmental Covenants Act
- Utah Code—Title 63 Chapter 2—Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA)
State law regulating public access to documents and information generated by state agencies.