To meet the Operator Training requirement of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, each UST facility shall, by January 1, 2012, have UST facility operators that are trained and registered with DERR/UST. Each facility shall have three classes of operators: A, B, and C.
195 North 1950 West, 1st Floor, Salt Lake City, Utah
1st Tuesday of each month at 9:00 a.m.
3rd Tuesday of each month at 2:00 p.m.
Contact Chelsea Qualls
- Application Packet
These forms are part of the application packet necessary to satisfy registration requirements.
- Operator Training Application (78 KB)
- Approved A/B Operator Training Courses
Class A and B Operators must complete an approved training course (provided by a third party) and pass an examination administered by the State of Utah-DEQ. Contact the course providers for scheduled dates and location of classes.
- Citizenship or Legal Resident Certification (289 KB)
Must be completed, notarized, and submitted with any application.
- Class C Operator Training Options
Approval by DERR is required for only the Class A and B operator training courses.
- Class C Operator Training Record (83 KB)
The Class B operator is required to ensure that the Class C operators are trained at each facility and maintain a list of Class C operators.
- Course Submittal Instructions (18 KB)
Letter of instruction for A/B Owner/Operator course development and approval.
- Inspecting and Maintaining Sumps and Spill Buckets
An important EPA document for owners and operators of UST systems.
- Opportunities to Take the State Administered Exam
You must first complete an approved A/B Operator Training Course.
- Owner/Operator Testing Requirements and Application Process
You must register with DERR at least one week prior to taking the exam.
- UST Operator Monthly Inspection Form: PDF (90 KB) | DOC (31 KB)
- UST Owner/Operator Guidance Document (3 MB)
(2017) Document outlining critical topics to be covered in the A/B Owner Operator Training Course. This document is useful as a study guide to prepare those who are not familiar with the Utah UST program, to take the approved training courses and may be used as reference material for the State administered (open book) exam.