The Site Assessment program is the initial phase of the federal Superfund program that performs preliminary assessments and field investigations of potentially contaminated sites to determine whether they should be included on the National Priorities List (NPL).
The DERR manages the database for the Utah Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) who has primary responsibility for receiving, processing, and managing hazardous chemical information and notifications under the federal Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) of 1986.
- Tier 2 Chemical Inventory Program
- Utah Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) Program
- State Emergency Response Commission (SERC)
The DERR, on behalf of DEQ, uses an environmental incident notification process for taking spill calls and coordinating response activities with the appropriate regulatory agencies. Staff are not first responders, but act as technical and regulatory advisors.
- Login to the Spills Database (Authorized Users Only)
- Reporting Spills
- Search the Environmental Incidents Database