The SERC established an advisory committee to allow for a greater diversity of input into SERC decisions. As provided by Utah Administrative Rule R698-5-3 the State Hazardous Chemical Emergency Response Commission Advisory Committee’s duties are to provide direction to the SERC in the following matters:
- The creation, modification or dissolving of Local Emergency Planning Committees (LEPCs).
- Methods and procedures to improve the effectiveness of the LEPC.
- The review of LEPC hazardous materials emergency response plans.
- The development of procedures for collection, processing, use and public access to information submitted as required by EPCRA.
- Procedures for the distribution of funding to each LEPC obtained through the US Department of Transportation hazardous materials emergency preparedness grant.
- Assist in stated hazardous materials emergency response planning efforts.
- The review of the statewide hazardous materials plan.
SERC Advisory Committee Members
January 20, 2019
|Environmental Cleanup Contractors
|Environmental Interest Groups
|University of Utah
|Fixed Site Regulated Industries
|Hazardous Chemical Transportation Industry
|Hazardous Materials Advisory Council
|Art Deyo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Utah Fire Marshal’s Office
|Adjunct Faculty – Salt Lake Community College
|Local Health Departments
|Ron Lund (email@example.com)
|Salt Lake Valley Health Department
|Utah National Guard
The advisory committee meets at least quarterly, generally just prior to the SERC quarterly meeting. For information or to submit an application for membership on the Advisory Committee, contact the Utah Division of Environmental Response and Remediation: (801) 536-4100