DEQ Main Menu
Utah Division of Environmental Response
Underground Storage Tank Branch
The Utah State Underground Storage Tank program is a regulatory branch of the Department of Environmental Quality. Its primary goal is to protect human health and the environment from leaking underground storage tanks (USTs). The UST staff oversees UST notification, installation, inspection, removal, and compliance with State and Federal UST regulations concerning release prevention and remediation. Get more details.
- Class A and B Operators Registration Program
- Containment Sump Testing Form: PDF | DOC
- Operator Inspection Form (2017): PDF | DOC
- Spill Bucket Testing Form: PDF | DOC
- Underground Storage Tank Installation Notification Form: PDF | DOC
- Utah Tank News - January 2018
December 2017 Tank TIp:
New Inspection and Testing Requirement Deadline is October 13, 2018!
In order encourage UST owners to complete the newly required annual and three year testing ahead of the October 13, 2018 deadline, we are providing the following incentives.
Annual inspection and testing requirements:
- Completed before July 14, 2018 will be valid for 18 months
- Completed July 14, 2018 through October 13, 2018 will be valid until October 2019
- Completed after October 13, 2018 will be valid for one year.
Three-year inspection and testing requirements:
- Completed after October 13, 2017 and before October 13, 2018 will be valid until October 13, 2021
- Completed after October 13, 2018 will be valid for three years.
We are planning to hold workshops beginning in January to help you understand specific requirements for your facility and will publish dates for those workshops as they are scheduled. In the meantime, you may contact a member of the UST Compliance Section at (801) 536-4100 with any questions about requirements and deadlines.
- Certification Study Guides and Reference Material
- Certified UST Contractors
- Contractor Certification Program
- Contacts for UST Questions
- Newsletter: Utah Tank News
- One Time Drop of Fuel for Tank and Line Testing
- Tank Fees Summary
- Useful UST Forms
- UST/LUST Lists
- UST Issues Email Alerts Sign Up
- UST Owner/Operator Training and Registration Program
- More ...
- Accessing the Petroleum Storage Tank (PST) Fund
- Remediation and Abatement
- Reporting a Release From Underground Storage Tanks (Spills)
- Online Form for Reporting Spills
- More ...
No Certificate of Compliance
Facilities that do not have an active Certificate of Compliance and are ineligible to receive deliveries of fuel. Updated daily.
PST Fund Financial Viability Study
A financial viability study of the Petroleum Storage Tank Trust Fund.
- Petroleum Storage Tank Loan Program
Funds are available for loans to eligible owners and operators for upgrading, replacing, or closing USTs.
Red Tag Program
Starting in 2013 large red "delivery prohibition" tags will be placed on tanks that are not eligible to receive fuel deliveries
Summary Information on USTs
Utah's summary information; required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 Grant Guidelines. Updated November 7, 2017.
UST Compliance Report
Utah's government owned; required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 Grant Guidelines.
UST Issues Email Alerts Sign Up
Be personally notified when important issues arise concerning Underground Storage Tank owners, operators, and contractors.
UST Priority Assessment Tool
Currently sites with the highest priority assessment are inspected more frequently. See how upgrades to your facility will effect its assessment.