DEQ Main Menu
Utah Division of Environmental Response
Underground Storage Tank Branch
The Utah State Underground Storage Tank program is a regulatory branch of the Department of Environmental Quality. Its primary goal is to protect human health and the environment from leaking underground storage tanks (USTs). The UST staff oversees UST notification, installation, inspection, removal, and compliance with State and Federal UST regulations concerning release prevention and remediation. Get more details.
- Class A and B Operators Registration Program
- Containment Sump Testing Form: PDF | DOC
- Operator Inspection Form (2017): PDF | DOC
- Spill Bucket Testing Form: PDF | DOC
- Underground Storage Tank Installation Notification Form: PDF | DOC
- Utah Tank News - January 2018
February Tank TIp:
AUGUST 1, 2016, NEW UST INSTALLATION NOTIFICATION FORM
A new UST Installation Notification Form was published in August 2016. This form replaced prior versions and should be used to notify the DERR of repairs, upgrades or an installations for a new UST system at least 10 (ten) days before work begins on any UST system.
For emergency repairs to a UST system, notification by email is acceptable. If, during the process of completing on-site work, additional repairs or upgrades are identified, contact the DERR project manager by phone or email to provide notice of the changed scope. This will be considered notifying the DERR for that additional work.
The new Installation Notification Form comes in two different formats. One is an on-line fill-in form for quick emailing to the DERR and the second is the traditional PDF form. The Form can found at: https://deq.utah.gov/Divisions/derr/branches/ust/index.htm
- Certification Study Guides and Reference Material
- Certified UST Contractors
- Contractor Certification Program
- Contacts for UST Questions
- Newsletter: Utah Tank News
- One Time Drop of Fuel for Tank and Line Testing
- Tank Fees Summary
- Useful UST Forms
- UST/LUST Lists
- UST Issues Email Alerts Sign Up
- UST Owner/Operator Training and Registration Program
- More ...
- Accessing the Petroleum Storage Tank (PST) Fund
- Remediation and Abatement
- Reporting a Release From Underground Storage Tanks (Spills)
- Online Form for Reporting Spills
- More ...
No Certificate of Compliance
Facilities that do not have an active Certificate of Compliance and are ineligible to receive deliveries of fuel. Updated daily.
PST Fund Financial Viability Study
A financial viability study of the Petroleum Storage Tank Trust Fund.
- Petroleum Storage Tank Loan Program
Funds are available for loans to eligible owners and operators for upgrading, replacing, or closing USTs.
Red Tag Program
Starting in 2013 large red "delivery prohibition" tags will be placed on tanks that are not eligible to receive fuel deliveries
Summary Information on USTs
Utah's summary information; required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 Grant Guidelines. Updated November 7, 2017.
UST Compliance Report
Utah's government owned; required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 Grant Guidelines.
UST Issues Email Alerts Sign Up
Be personally notified when important issues arise concerning Underground Storage Tank owners, operators, and contractors.
UST Priority Assessment Tool
Currently sites with the highest priority assessment are inspected more frequently. See how upgrades to your facility will effect its assessment.