DEQ Main Menu
Utah Division of Environmental Response
Underground Storage Tank Branch
The Utah State Underground Storage Tank program is a regulatory branch of the Department of Environmental Quality. Its primary goal is to protect human health and the environment from leaking underground storage tanks (USTs). The UST staff oversees UST notification, installation, inspection, removal, and compliance with State and Federal UST regulations concerning release prevention and remediation. Get more details.
- Class A and B Operators Registration Program
- Containment Sump Testing Form: PDF | DOC
- Operator Inspection Form (2017): PDF | DOC
- Spill Bucket Testing Form: PDF | DOC
- Underground Storage Tank Installation Notification Form: PDF | DOC
- Utah Tank News - Summer 2017
CLASS B OPERATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The class B operator is the backbone of the UST facility and ensures the proper operation of the tank system. Class B operators are responsible for ensuring:
- Completion and recording of monthly operator inspections,
- UST release detection is performed monthly and documented,
- Alarms and unusual operating conditions are investigated and resolutions documented,
- Suspected releases are reported to the DERR within 24 hours,
- Spill and overfill prevention and corrosion protection are working properly, and
- C-operators are trained and on-site during business hours.
In addition to these routine duties, the class B operator or designated individual must be on-site during inspections with the DERR inspectors. If you have any questions about the role of a class B operator, contact your DERR project manager at (801) 536-4100.
- Certification Study Guides and Reference Material
- Certified UST Contractors
- Contractor Certification Program
- Contacts for UST Questions
- Newsletter: Utah Tank News
- One Time Drop of Fuel for Tank and Line Testing
- Tank Fees Summary
- Useful UST Forms
- UST/LUST Lists
- UST Issues Email Alerts Sign Up
- UST Owner/Operator Training and Registration Program
- More ...
- Accessing the Petroleum Storage Tank (PST) Fund
- Remediation and Abatement
- Reporting a Release From Underground Storage Tanks (Spills)
- Online Form for Reporting Spills
- More ...
No Certificate of Compliance
Facilities that do not have an active Certificate of Compliance and are ineligible to receive deliveries of fuel. Updated daily.
PST Fund Financial Viability Study
A financial viability study of the Petroleum Storage Tank Trust Fund.
- Petroleum Storage Tank Loan Program
Funds are available for loans to eligible owners and operators for upgrading, replacing, or closing USTs.
Red Tag Program
Starting in 2013 large red "delivery prohibition" tags will be placed on tanks that are not eligible to receive fuel deliveries
Summary Information on USTs
Utah's summary information; required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 Grant Guidelines. Updated November 7, 2017.
UST Compliance Report
Utah's government owned; required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 Grant Guidelines.
UST Issues Email Alerts Sign Up
Be personally notified when important issues arise concerning Underground Storage Tank owners, operators, and contractors.
UST Priority Assessment Tool
Currently sites with the highest priority assessment are inspected more frequently. See how upgrades to your facility will effect its assessment.