DEQ Main Menu
Utah Division of Environmental Response
Underground Storage Tank Branch
The Utah State Underground Storage Tank program is a regulatory branch of the Department of Environmental Quality. Its primary goal is to protect human health and the environment from leaking underground storage tanks (USTs). The UST staff oversees UST notification, installation, inspection, removal, and compliance with State and Federal UST regulations concerning release prevention and remediation. Get more details.
- Containment Sump Testing Form
- Operator Inspection Form (2017): PDF | DOC
- Spill Bucket Testing Form
- Utah Tank News - Winter 2016
In March, throughput declaration forms are mailed to every facility that participates in the PST Fund. All PST Fund participants are required to complete and return the throughput form to the DERR before April 30th each year. This throughput form is used to determine the PST Fund fee for each facility. In addition, the Utah Tax Commission uses the information to administer the PST Fund rebate program. The PST Fund fees are as follows:
- $450.00 per tank for a facility that uses or sells less than 70,000 gallons of fuel per year,
- $150.00 per tank for a facility that uses or sells more than 70,000 gallons of fuel per year, and
- $450.00 per tank and a facility that fails to return the throughput declaration form by April 30th, regardless of the volume of product used or sold.
Every year, some facilities are assessed the higher rate because they don’t return the form before the deadline. Don’t be one of the facilities which used or sold more than 70,000 gallons of fuel and will be required to pay $450.00 per tank. If you have questions, contact your DERR Project Manager at (801) 536-4100.
The new monthly inspection form can be found here.
- Certification Study Guides and Reference Material
- Certified UST Contractors
- Contractor Certification Program
- Contacts for UST Questions
- Newsletter: Utah Tank News
- One Time Drop of Fuel for Tank and Line Testing
- Tank Fees Summary
- Useful UST Forms
- UST/LUST Lists
- UST Issues E-mail Alerts Sign Up
- UST Owner/Operator Training and Registration Program
- More ...
- Accessing the Petroleum Storage Tank (PST) Fund
- Remediation and Abatement
- Reporting a Release From Underground Storage Tanks (Spills)
- Online Form for Reporting Spills
- More ...
No Certificate of Compliance
Facilities that do not have an active Certificate of Compliance and are ineligible to receive deliveries of fuel. Updated daily.
PST Fund Financial Viability Study
A financial viability study of the Petroleum Storage Tank Trust Fund.
- Petroleum Storage Tank Loan Program
Funds are available for loans to eligible owners and operators for upgrading, replacing, or closing USTs.
Red Tag Program
Starting in 2013 large red "delivery prohibition" tags will be placed on tanks that are not eligible to receive fuel deliveries
Summary Information on USTs
Utah's summary information; required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 Grant Guidelines. Updated November 16, 2016.
UST Certification Program Online Applications and Payments
Submit applications and payments online for Sampler, Consultant, Installer, Remover, and Tester Certification and A/B Operator Registration.
UST Compliance Report
Utah's government owned; required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 Grant Guidelines.
UST Issues E-mail Alerts Sign Up
Be personally notified when important issues arise concerning Underground Storage Tank owners, operators, and contractors.
UST Priority Assessment Tool
Currently sites with the highest priority assessment are inspected more frequently. See how upgrades to your facility will effect its assessment.
Utah Tank News