Regular meetings of the Waste Management and Radiation Control Board are normally scheduled on the second Thursday of each month at 1:30 p.m.
November 9, 2023, at 1:30 p.m.
Utah Department of Environmental Quality
Conference Room #1015
195 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, UT
(Board members and interested persons may participate electronically/telephonically.)
Join by Phone:
- PIN: 902 672 356#
- Call to Order.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items.
- Declarations of Conflict of Interest.
- Approval of the meeting minutes for the October 12, 2023, Board meeting (Board Action Item).
- Petroleum Storage Tanks Update.
- Administrative Rules
- Approval from the Board to proceed with formal rulemaking and public comment on proposed changes to R315-124, R315-301, R315-302, R315-304, R315-306, R315-309, R315-310, R315-311, and R315-314 of the solid and hazardous waste rules of the Utah Administrative Code (Board Action Item).
- Approval from the Board to proceed with formal rulemaking and public comment on proposed changes to R313-19, R313-21, and R313-22 of the radiation control rules to make changes requested by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to ensure compatibility of Utah rules with the federal regulations (Board Action Item).
- Hazardous Waste Section
- Proposed Stipulation and Consent Order between the Director and Clean Harbors Environmental Services (Information Item).
- Proposed Stipulation and Consent Order between the Director and Clean Harbors Aragonite, LLC (Information Item).
- Approval of Proposed Stipulation and Consent Order between the Director and Utah State University (Board Action Item).
- Director’s Report
- Other Business.
- Miscellaneous Information Items.
- Scheduling of next Board meeting (January 11, 2024).