Regular meetings of the Waste Management and Radiation Control Board are normally scheduled on the second Thursday of each month at 1:30 p.m.
November 10, 2022, at 1:30 p.m.
Utah Department of Environmental Quality
Conference Room #1015
195 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, UT
(Board members and interested persons may participate electronically/telephonically.)
Join by Phone:
- PIN: 902 672 356#
- Call to Order and Roll Call.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Declarations of Conflict of Interest
- Approval of the meeting minutes for the October 13, 2022, Board meeting (Board Action Item).
- Petroleum Storage Tanks Update.
- Administrative Rules
- Five Year Review of R315-301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, and 320 of the Utah Administrative Code (UAC) (Information Item).
- Approval to proceed with formal rulemaking and public comment period on proposed changes to UAC R315-15, R315-260, R315-261, R315-262, R315-263, R315-264, and R315-265 of the hazardous waste rules in response to comments from U.S. EPA, Region 8 (Board Action Item).
- Approval to proceed with formal rulemaking and a public comment period on proposed changes to UAC R313-28-31 to amend the requirement for gonadal shielding (GS) during abdominal and pelvic radiography (Board Action Item).
- Approval to proceed with formal rulemaking and public comment period on proposed changes to UAC R313-15-501, R313-34-3, R313-35-120, R313-36-3 and R313-38-3, to incorporate federal regulatory changes made by the NRC to the federal radioactive materials regulations in 2020 (85 FR 15347) (Board Action Item).
- Final adoption of proposed rule changes to UAC R313-19-100, Transportation, to incorporate federal regulatory changes requested by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to maintain the compatibility of Utah radiation control rules with the federal regulations (Board Action Item).
- X-Ray Program.
- Approval of Mammography Imaging Medical Physicists (MIMPs) in accordance with UAC R313-28-140 (Board Action Item).
- Hazardous Waste Section
- Proposed amendment to Stipulated Consent Order No. 2106050 between the Board and Clean Harbors Aragonite, LLC issued on February 8, 2022 (Information Item).
- Director’s Report.
- Other Business.
- Miscellaneous Information Items.
- Scheduling of next Board meeting (January 12, 2023).