Division Links

Wasatch Regional Landfill Inc. Solid Waste Facility Fact Sheet: Class V Landfill

November 2010

Facility Owner

Wasatch Regional Landfill Inc. and the State of Utah School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration (SITLA) SITLA owns 1,863 acres and will sell blocks of the land to Wasatch Regional Landfill Inc. as the landfill units are constructed.

Facility Operator


Property Owner


Facility Location

Township 1 North, Range 8 West, Sections 32,33,and 34 and Township 2 North, Range 8 West, Sections 3 and 4. The site is located approximately 6 miles north of interstate 80 and 5 miles south of Rowley.

Remaining Capacity

  • Acres: 1,863
  • Tons: 280 million
  • Cubic Yards: 400 million
  • Years: 100

Waste Accepted

Non-hazardous solid waste that may include, municipal solid waste, commercial waste, industrial waste, construction/demolition waste, and special waste as defined in UAC R315-301. The landfill may accept conditionally exempt small quantity generator hazardous waste as specified in UAC R315-303-4(7)(a)(i)(B) and PCB’s as specified by UAC R315-315-7(2).

Waste Excluded

The landfill may not accept hazardous waste as defined by Subsection 19-6-102(9) of the Utah Solid and Hazardous Waste Act and UAC R315-2-3.

Permit Effective Date

Issued 11-1-10; Expires 10-30-20

Facility Contact

Kirk Treece (ktreece@repsrv.com)
Wasatch Regional Landfill
675 South Gladiola
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Phone: (801) 924-8454

DEQ Contact

Bryan Woolf (bwoolf@utah.gov)
Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control
PO Box 144880
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4880
Telephone: (385) 454-8060

Local Health Department

Tooele County Health Department
Phone: (435) 843-2300

Facility Documents

Class V Definition

A Class V landfill is a commercial non hazardous waste disposal facility that is permitted to receive municipal solid waste, other non hazardous waste and waste from conditionally exempt small quantity generator of hazardous waste.


For more information, please contact Brian Speer (bspeer@utah.gov) at (385) 459-0010.

Back to top