October 10, 2019 — 1:30 p.m.Multi Agency State Office Building – Conference Room #1015
195 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
(One or more members of the Board may participate telephonically)
Audio Conferencing Access Number: 1-877-820-7831: Passcode Number 853610#
- Call to Order.
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Declarations of Conflict of Interest.
- Approval of the Meeting Minutes for the August 8, 2019 Board Meeting (Board Action Item).
- Underground Storage Tanks Update.
- Administrative Rules.
- Five-Year Review of R311-500 Illegal Drug Operations Site Reporting and Decontamination Act, Decontamination Specialist Certification Program (Information Item Only)
- Hazardous Waste Section.
- Request for approval of final adoption of proposed rule changes to Hazardous Waste Rules UAC R315-260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, and 273 to incorporate changes promulgated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and published in the November 28, 2016 (81 FR 85696) and December 26, 2017 (82 FR 60894) Federal Register (Board Action Item)
- Low-Level Radioactive Waste.
- EnergySolutions’ request for a site-specific treatment variance from the Hazardous Waste Management Rules. EnergySolutions seeks authorization to treat waste containing Dioxins and Furans (Information Item Only).
- Director’s Report.
- Other Business.
- Misc. Information Items.
- Scheduling of next Board meeting (November 14, 2019).
Following the meeting, Board members are invited to tour the new DEQ Technical Support Center.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals with special needs (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) should contact Larene Wyss, Office of Human Resources at (801) 536-4284, Telecommunications Relay Service 711.