NESHAPs are regulations that regulate specific processes, like dry cleaners, that use specific chemicals, like perchloroethylene, called a hazardous air pollutant. If you can change your chemicals to a chemical that is not one on the list of HAPs you can avoid the rule.
Below are the most commonly used small business NESHAPs with customized information for Utah. For a list of 25 common manufacturing processes and the chemicals regulated visit EPA’s National Environmental Compliance Assistance Clearing House. A complete list of all NESHAPs, there are almost 100, can be found at EPA’s Air Toxics Website.
A tip on how to use the EPA websites: Look for the guidance documents or implementation information, these documents explain the rules and will save you time understanding the rules. There are often example reporting and record keeping forms and these will help you meet the requirements of the rules.
- Utah Site
Rule, guidance documents, and forms for use in Utah.
- EPA Chromium Plating Site
Rule and Guidance Documents. Summer 2004: Hard chromium platers can now met the emission standard with wetting agents. See Federal Register Volume 69, Number 137, Monday July 19, 2004 page 42895
- Guidance to Complying with the Chrome NESHAP
Surface Tension Monitoring Log:
Dry Cleaning Using Perchloroethylene (perc)
Rule and Guidance Documents
- Amendments to 1993 Regulations for Perchloroethylene Dry Cleaners
Rule and guidance documents finalized by the EPA on July 13, 2006.
- Notification of Compliance
Compliance Report and Notification Form.
This notification is to be submitted to the Utah Division of Air Quality on or before 30 days after start-up of new, used, or if additional dry cleaning machines are added to a facility which has previously filed.
Record Keeping Forms
Dry Cleaner Compliance Calendar
2020 PDF (977 KB)
2018 PDF 2018 MS Word
2016 PDF 2016 MS Word
2015 PDF 2015 MS Word
2014 PDF 2014 MS Word
2013 PDF 2013 MS Word
2012 PDF 2012 MS Word
2011 PDF 2011 MS Word
2010 PDF 2010 MS Word
2009 PDF 2009 MS Word
- Equipment Inspection and Repair Log
- Monitoring Log for Carbon Adsorbers
- Monitoring Log for Refrigerated Condenser
- Perchloroethylene Log (First 12 Months)
- Perchloroethylene Log (Month 13 and Beyond)
General Operators Manual
- Dry Cleaners Operating and Maintenance Manual
The NESHAP requires all dry cleaners to have an operators manual at the business. If you no longer have the original copy of the manufacturers manual, use this copy to comply with the rule.
Compliance Check Lists
- Dry Cleaners Multimedia—Air, Water, Land
- Existing Large Dry Cleaners—Detailed Air-Neshap
- Existing Small Dry Cleaners—Detailed Air-Neshap
- New Large Dry Cleaners—Detailed Air-Neshap
- New Small Dry Cleaners—Detailed Air-Neshap
Halogenated Solvent Cleaners
- EPA Solvent Degreasers Site
Rule and guidance documents.
Reinforced Plastic Composites Production
- EPA Reinforced Plastic Composites Production
Rule and guidance documents.