ULend is a partnership between Utah DEQ, TriCounty Health, and USU to make a leak detection camera available for use by Utah’s oil and gas industry. Find out more about ULend at ulend.utah.gov.
Detailed Instructions for Participating in the ULend Program
Receive FLIR camera training
- If you have received training from FLIR or the Infrared Training Center, please scan your training certificate and upload it using the widget at the bottom of this page. Ideally, you should receive optical gas imaging training here .
- If you have not received or are unable to receive training from FLIR, please contact Chris Jensen (firstname.lastname@example.org) (435) 828-0141 or Stephen Foulger (email@example.com) (801) 662-8650 to make an appointment with our UDAQ staff to receive training from them. The UDAQ training session will last 90-120 minutes and must be completed in person at our offices in Vernal (133 South 500 East Vernal, Utah 84078). Before you arrive for training, you must do the following:
- View the FLIR camera introductory video at https://youtu.be/39NRltBfUZM
- Complete a free, online training course (it takes about 60 minutes) and upload your completion certificate using the widget at the bottom of this page. Follow these instructions to access and take the course:
- Go to https://irtraining.asentialms.com/catalog/.
- Click on Log In in the upper right, and then click Register Here and register as a user.
- Once you are logged in, go back to https://irtraining.asentialms.com/catalog/.
- Click on the icon for Free Operator Training Courses, and then click on the icon for GF-Series Tutorial.
- Click Enroll, and then click My Dashboard at the top. You should see the course listed under Enrollments.
- Click the Start or View icon under Enrollments, then click the icon below the word Action to take the GF Camera Series Operation course.
- Follow the instructions to go through the slides to complete the course. At the last slide, click the orange button, and then click the red circle with a white X in it at the top right.
- Next, go back to My Dashboard and click the icon below the word Action to take the Course Evaluation.
- Follow the instructions to complete the course evaluation. At the last slide, click the blue button, , and then click the red circle with a white X in it at the top right.
- Now go back to My Dashboard, and your certificate will be listed under Certificates at the right. Save it as a PDF and upload it using the widget below.
Check out the camera
- Look at the calendar below to determine when the camera is available. Note that there are two tiers of reservations. If the calendar shows busy in blue, you cannot borrow it for that time. If it shows busy in green, you may still reserve it. When you make the appointment, only “busy” will show up on the calendar, not your name or company information.
- Before you take the camera, you must complete the ULend Loan Agreement (317 KB).
- Contact Chris Jensen (firstname.lastname@example.org) (435) 828-0141 or Stephen Foulger (email@example.com) (801) 662-8650 to make an appointment to obtain the camera from UDAQ personnel.
- The check-out procedure will take about 20 minutes.
- You may request the camera for periods of up to one week.
- Please do not request the camera less than three business days in advance.
Return the camera
- At the end of the period for which you have reserved the camera, return it during business hours (9AM-5PM) to UDAQ’s office in the TriCounty Health Department building (133 South 500 East Vernal, Utah 84078). Do not leave the camera unattended. The check-in procedure will take about 10 minutes.
- Turn in the ULend use reporting form (84 KB). You may turn in a paper copy with the camera or upload it using the upload widget at the bottom of this page.
Calendar of ULend FLIR Leak Detection Camera Availability
Blue = Camera has been reserved by industry for leak detection and repair (LDAR) and is not available.
Green = Camera has been reserved for a “second tier” use and is usually available to industry for LDAR.