Entities: Government entities as defined in Utah Code § 63G-7-102(4) and federal government agencies.
Eligible Equipment (Application forms listed in next section)
- Vehicle or engine replacements of Class 4-8 local freight trucks, school buses, shuttle buses, and/or transit buses (323 KB), engine model years 1992-2006*. VW funding is available for:
- Up to 50% of the cost for new diesel or alternative fueled vehicles or engines
- Up to 55% for new vehicles or engines certified to the California Air Resources Board’s (CARB) Optional Low-NOx Standards
- Up to 65% for new all-electric replacement vehicles or engines
- Charging infrastructure may be included
*Note: Engine model years 1992-2006 vehicles/engines must be operable with a minimum of three years remaining in their useful life.
- Light-duty, electric-vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), including Level 1, Level 2, and fast charging equipment. Funds may be used by government entities to purchase, install, and maintain eligible light-duty EVSE on government-owned property. VW funding is available for:
- Up to 100% of the cost to purchase, install, and maintain EVSEs available to the public at government-owned facilities
- Up to 60% of the cost to purchase, install, and maintain EVSEs available at a government workplace but not available to the general public