- Appendix A: Case Histories of Water Systems Taking Advantage of Energy Cost Savings
- Appendix B: Drinking Water Board’s Financing Program
- Appendix C: Utah Office of Energy Development’s U-Save Program
- Appendix D: Energy Service Companies
- Appendix E: Rocky Mountain Power’s Wattsmart Program
- Appendix F: Websites that Provide Guidance on Performing Energy Audits
- Appendix G: Additional Helpful Websites
The Appendices list helpful websites that relate to energy efficiency and/or funding opportunities.
- Loan Program Introduction
Lists State agencies involved in funding drinking water projects.
- SRF Schedule
The SRF schedule for Drinking Water Board meetings.
- Utah SRF Application
The application form for the Drinking Water Board’s financial assistance program.
- U-Save Energy Fund Program Guidebook
Guidelines, formats, program requirements, and documents.
- U-Save Revolving Loan Fund
Information on the Utah Office of Energy Development’s U-Save program.
- Pre-Qualified Energy Performance Contracting Service Providers
Companies on this list are pre-qualified to do work for the State of Utah by the Division of Facilities Construction Management:
- Utah’s Facility Energy Efficiency Act
From the Utah State Legislature Website.
- Typical Upgrades and Incentives Lists
Rocky Mountain Power Wattsmart Program.
- Wattsmart Services and Incentives for Utah
Incentives are available to qualifying commercial, industrial, and irrigation customers for new construction and retrofit projects.
- Energy Efficiency Best Practices for North American Drinking Water Utilities
Provided by the Water Research Foundation.
- Ensuring a Sustainable Future: An Energy Management Guidebook for Wastewater and Water Utilities
Provides water and wastewater utility manages with a step-by-step method to identify, implement, measure, and improve energy efficiency and renewable opportunities at their utilities.
- Handbook of Energy Auditing of Water Systems
Prepared for the South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
- Municipal Energy Efficiency and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction: Financing and Implementing Energy Efficiency Retrofits in City-Owned Facilities
EPA document; January 2014.
- American Water Works Association
An assessment tool to help water utilities evaluate, find and fix water leaks
- Energy Efficiency in Water and Wastewater Facilities
A guide to developing and implementing greenhouse gas reduction programs.
- Energy Star Portfolio Manager
An online tool to measure and track energy and water consumption, as well as greenhouse gas emissions. Provided by the EPA.
- Evaluating the Energy Consumed for Water Use in the United States
By Kelly T. Sanders and Michael E. Webber, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas, Austin.
- How to Boost Energy Efficiency in Municipal Facilities and Operations
Presented by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Improve Facility Operations and Save Money
Presented by Efficiency Vermont.
- Improving Energy Management at Water and Wastewater Utilities in Massachusetts
Part of an energy management initiative.
- Live Green Lexington
The Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government oversees Live Green Lexington, a program that joins environmental policy, water quality, and waste management agencies to provide a set of environmental and energy programs aimed at consumers, businesses, and the public sector.
- Municipal Water and Waste Water Facilities
NYSERDA’s Web page contains excellent resources on benchmarking and payback analysis.