- Appendix A: Case Histories of Water Systems Taking Advantage of Energy Cost Savings
- Appendix B: Drinking Water Board’s Financing Program
- Appendix C: Utah Office of Energy Development’s U-Save Program
- Appendix D: Energy Service Companies
- Appendix E: Rocky Mountain Power’s Wattsmart Program
- Appendix F: Websites that Provide Guidance on Performing Energy Audits
- Appendix G: Additional Helpful Websites
The Appendices list helpful websites that relate to energy efficiency and/or funding opportunities.
- Loan Program Introduction
Lists State agencies involved in funding drinking water projects.
- SRF Schedule
The SRF schedule for Drinking Water Board meetings.
- Utah SRF Application
The application form for the Drinking Water Board’s financial assistance program.
- U-Save Energy Fund Program Guidebook
Guidelines, formats, program requirements, and documents.
- U-Save Revolving Loan Fund
Information on the Utah Office of Energy Development’s U-Save program.
- Pre-Qualified Energy Performance Contracting Service Providers
Companies on this list are pre-qualified to do work for the State of Utah by the Division of Facilities Construction Management:
- Utah’s Facility Energy Efficiency Act
From the Utah State Legislature Website.
- Typical Upgrades and Incentives Lists
Rocky Mountain Power Wattsmart Program.
- Wattsmart Services and Incentives for Utah
Incentives are available to qualifying commercial, industrial, and irrigation customers for new construction and retrofit projects.
- Energy Efficiency Best Practices for North American Drinking Water Utilities
Provided by the Water Research Foundation.
- Ensuring a Sustainable Future: An Energy Management Guidebook for Wastewater and Water Utilities
Provides water and wastewater utility manages with a step-by-step method to identify, implement, measure, and improve energy efficiency and renewable opportunities at their utilities.
- Handbook of Energy Auditing of Water Systems
Prepared for the South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
- Municipal Energy Efficiency and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction: Financing and Implementing Energy Efficiency Retrofits in City-Owned Facilities
EPA document; January 2014.
- American Water Works Association
An assessment tool to help water utilities evaluate, find and fix water leaks
- Energy Efficiency in Water and Wastewater Facilities
A guide to developing and implementing greenhouse gas reduction programs.
- Energy Star Portfolio Manager
An online tool to measure and track energy and water consumption, as well as greenhouse gas emissions. Provided by the EPA.
- Evaluating the Energy Consumed for Water Use in the United States
By Kelly T. Sanders and Michael E. Webber, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas, Austin.
- How to Boost Energy Efficiency in Municipal Facilities and Operations
Presented by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Improve Facility Operations and Save Money
Presented by Efficiency Vermont.
- Improving Energy Management at Water and Wastewater Utilities in Massachusetts
Part of an energy management initiative.
- Live Green Lexington
The Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government oversees Live Green Lexington, a program that joins environmental policy, water quality, and waste management agencies to provide a set of environmental and energy programs aimed at consumers, businesses, and the public sector.
- Municipal Water and Waste Water Facilities
NYSERDA’s Web page contains excellent resources on benchmarking and payback analysis.
- Water and Wastewater Industry Energy Best Practice Guidebook
States and local governments can amend existing regulations for public water and wastewater systems to include energy considerations in equipment procurement and improvements. Following the release of this Guidebook, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources encouraged energy considerations to be included in the required project cost-effectiveness calculations. Water and wastewater utilities can also incorporate energy efficiency into existing environmental goals or initiatives.