Water System Emergency Numbers
During Normal Working Hours: (801) 536-4200
DEQ Environmental Incidents: (801) 536-4123
After Hours Emergencies: (801) 560-8456 (for water operators, local health officials, laboratory operators)
Resources for Emergencies
- Chlorine Dose Calculator (92 KB)
The Division staff developed a tool for estimating chemical quantity needed to disinfect tanks and pipelines. This spreadsheet allows users to enter concentration and type of chlorine disinfectant, target chlorine dose, and dimensions of tank or pipeline (up to 10 vessels).
- Emergency Planning, Preparedness, and Response
The Region 8 EPA Preparedness Unit is comprised of programs that assist communities and facilities with emergency preparedness and accident prevention.
- Emergency Response Guidebook (129 KB)
Utah’s public drinking water suppliers are encouraged to develop emergency response plans.
- Home Water Storage and Emergency Disinfection Before an Emergency
For more information on home storage and emergency disinfection before an emergency.
- Local Health Department or Utah DEQ Regional Engineer
Concerns from water consumers will be addressed. However, water consumers experiencing drinking water problems should first attempt to contact their local water supplier.
- Flooding Emergency
This EPA Website may also be helpful.
- Volatile Organic Chemical Contamination (27 KB)
Advice from EPA to homeowners when their water supply is contaminated with a volatile organic chemical (VOC).
- Hauling Drinking Water: Recommended Procedures (327 KB)
A guidance document pertaining to water hauling.
- Bacteriological Flow Chart (19 KB)
- EPA Water Security Division Products (292 KB)
- Laboratories That Perform Testing (135 KB)
These documents may be useful in notifying the public during a Boil Advisory event.
- Boil Advisory Guidelines (16 KB)
- Boil Water Notice Brochure (106 KB)
- Customizable Boil Water Notice (17 KB) | Spanish (17 KB)
- Generic Boil Water Notice: English (21 KB) | Spanish (21 KB)
- Generic Do Not Use Notice: English (13 KB) | Spanish (13 KB)