Hazardous Waste Management
Permit Wizard

A hazardous waste is specifically listed by the Utah Solid and Hazardous Waste Rules R315-260 through 273 or exhibits a characteristic such as ignitability, corrosivity, reactivity, or toxicity (as defined by the rules). Common hazardous waste may include paint, solvents used in painting and dry cleaning residues and pesticides.

Individuals who treat, store or dispose of hazardous waste must comply with a permit. However, the rules allow generators of small quantities of hazardous waste to store in accordance with certain requirements in lieu of a permit.

Custom permit conditions are developed to reflect a facility’s specific waste type, waste management equipment, and operating conditions such as:

  • operating procedures;
  • type of management units, installation and construction of units, equipment maintenance and inspections;
  • emergency procedures;
  • personnel training;
  • record keeping;
  • analytical procedures;
  • air, groundwater, and soil sampling and monitoring;
  • closure plans; and,
  • procedures to clean up any past and future releases of hazardous waste.
Does your facility manage hazardous waste?

YES: Contact the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control (801) 536-0200 to discuss your specific needs.

Do you need an EPA Identification Number?

YES: Contact the Division of Waste Management and Radiation Control (801) 536-0200.