Division Links

Drinking Water Certification
Permit Guide

Related Links

Under Utah State Law, the Utah Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is required to verify the lawful presence in the United States of an individual at least 18 years of age (includes sole proprietor doing business under an assumed name) who has applied for Water Operator certification or Backflow Technician certification. This law also applies for renewal, reinstatement, and reciprocity applications.

Do you need a copy of the Citizenship Certification or Legal Resident form?

YES: Download the U.S. Citizenship Certification Form (350 KB).

Do you wish to apply for or renew a Drinking Water Operator Certification?


Do you wish to apply for or renew a Backflow Technician or Cross Connection Certification?

YES: Visit the Backflow Tester Recertification Steps or the Program Administrator Recertification Steps.

Do you wish to pay for testing, registration, or certification fees online?

YES: Visit the Division of Drinking Water’s Shopping Cart.

Last Updated:


Back to top