Division Links

Storm Water Permits
Permit Guide

Related Links

The Storm Water Program requires management practices to ensure that pollutants are not transported in surface runoff. The program addresses runoff from construction activities that disturb one or more acres of land; certain industrial facilities depending upon the facility’s Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code; and, small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s). Each of these sources requires coverage under a UPDES General Permit.

Are you clearing, grading, and/or excavating in such a way that one or more acres of total land area will be disturbed (even if part of a larger common plan of development)?

YES: Visit UPDES General Permit for Construction Activities.

Does your facility belong to an industry with a Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Code?

YES: Visit UPDES Storm Water Permits: General Multi-Sector Industrial Storm Water Permit.

  • If an industry is not listed on the table of Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Codes then the Director of the Utah Water Quality Board may designate that the facility requires permitting based on potential water quality impacts.

Is your facility a small municipal separate storm sewer system, such as a city, county, state university, or state hospital?

YES: Visit UPDES Storm Water Permits: General Permit for Discharges from Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems.

Last Updated:


Back to top