Utah’s Nonpoint Source (NPS) Management program is focused on improving the water quality of impaired waterbodies through a voluntary and incentive-based approach. The Utah Division of Water Quality (DWQ) provides state and federal funding to reduce NPS pollution in priority watersheds throughout the state. These projects use Best Management Practices (BMPs) and follow the watershed-based planning strategy detailed in the Statewide NPS Management Plan and appendices.
Help us identify watershed improvement project needs
DWQ is asking for stakeholder help in identifying the most pressing nonpoint source clean water needs throughout Utah, to inform federal clean water act funding.
2019 NPS Management Plan
The complete Utah Non-point Source Management Plan minus the Appendices.
- Appendix A.—Common Best Management Practices Implemented in Utah
- Appendix B.—Utah Water Quality Task Force Charter
- Appendix C.—Utah Nonpoint Source Pollution Information and Education Strategy
- Appendix D.—Utah Anti Degradation Policy
- Appendix E.—Urban and Suburban Utah Storm Water Management Plan
- Appendix F.—Utah Nonpoint Source Management Plan for Abandoned Mines in Utah
- Appendix G.—Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Plan for Hydrologic Modifications
- Appendix H.—Utah’s Forest Water Quality Guidelines
- Appendix I.—Analysis of the EPA Eight Key Elements for the Utah NPS Program and 2018 Revisions
- Appendix J.—Utah Nonpoint Source Pollution
- Appendix K.—Letters of Approval
Water Quality Task Force
The Water Quality Task Force is made up of representatives from State, Federal, and private agencies and organizations. The Task Force meets quarterly to discuss water quality issues and determine how they should be addressed. A charter describing the responsibilities and expectations of the Task Force has been established and is found in the appendices of the Statewide NPS Management Plan.
- Water Quality Task Force Charter
- Water Quality Task Force: Agendas and Minutes
Other Relevant NPS Topics
- Ag Waste Management Producer’s Website
- EPA NPS Success Stories Website
- Utah Citizen Monitoring Program
- Utah Nonpoint Source MOU