Databases & Information


AWQMS Update Information

The Ambient Water Quality Data Management System (AWQMS) has been upgraded to version 6.6. This database update includes several new features including the ability to preview data prior to submitting it to the Central Data Exchange (CDX), added support for reviewing data from a recently imported dataset, increased ease of navigating between menus, the ability to create a double data-entry feature on data entry pages, and new chart options for displaying, saving, and exporting data. (January 2019)

The Ambient Water Quality Management System (AWQMS) database includes ambient water monitoring data collected by the Utah Department of Environment Quality and its partners.

Request an AWQMS User Account by completing this Request Form or sending an email to

Once you have obtained your User Account, please visit Utah’s AWQMS Portal to login to the database.

UPDES Storm Water Database

Go to the UPDES Storm Water Database
The UPDES Storm Water Database allows online submission of a Notice of Intent (NOI) and Notice of Termination (NOT) for the following types of permits:

  • Industrial – MSGP
  • General Construction Permit – UTRC
  • Common Plan – UTRH

Storm Water Database Updates:

Create an Account

Commonly Asked Questions

Can I renew my permit online?

Yes, if your permit is not expired. For Construction and Common Plan permits that are expired, you must submit a Notice of Termination (NOT) and request a new Permit. For Industrial expired permits, you must contact our office.

Can I change the General Contractor on my company’s NOI online?

No. You must complete and sign a Change of NOI General Contractor Form and submit it to DWQ by email.

Where can I send my annual MS4 audit report?

Submit through DWQ’s Web Submission Portal.

How do I access netDMR to submit my discharge monitoring report data?

Go to the NetDMR website

How do I cancel an NOI and request a refund?

Please complete a Permit Cancellation Form (57 KB) and include your permit information, reason for the refund, and your contact information including phone number. Submit your completed form through DWQ’s Web Submission Portal.

How do I update my permit information for changes to acreage, changes to locality info (e.g., latitude/longitude)?

Send us an email and include your permit information, changes requested and your contact information including phone number.

Additional Information

UPDES Water Quality Database

Go to the UPDES Water Quality Database

The UPDES Water Quality Database allows online submission of a Notice of Intent (NOI) and Notice of Termination (NOT) for the following types of permits:

DEQ Interactive Map

This map application provides environmental spatial data from each Division at DEQ. The Division of Water Quality data layers include Assessed Lakes (locations only), Assessed Waters (lakes and streams), Groundwater Permits, Mercury in Fish Tissue, Monitoring Locations, UPDES Dischargers, Underground Injection Control Permits and Hydrologic Units (HUC8). Each searchable data layer on the DEQ Interactive Map is also downloadable as a GIS shapefile or a data table format. Training videos can be found in the upper right-hand corner of the map. Look for the Water Quality tab for training videos specific to the Water Quality data layers.

WQ Assessment Map

This map helps identify designated beneficial uses assigned to Utah waters including domestic drinking water, agricultural use, aquatic life, and recreation. The map also provides the latest available Water Quality assessments based on the Final 2016 Integrated Report (including assessment category 5 or 303[d] waters), causes of impairments, and the affected beneficial uses.

Submit Sampling Data to DWQ

DWQ Cooperative Monitoring Program
Submit your monitoring data for the Cooperative Monitoring Program by completing our Sampling Data Upload Form. You will be asked to include the type of data and your project information with your data submittal. Please note any data submitted using this form should have a DWQ-approved Sampling Plan on file in order to be processed.

If you have any questions regarding data submission, please email If you have any questions regarding the Cooperative Monitoring Program, please contact the DWQ Monitoring Section, see the DWQ Contacts page for contact information