- General Permit for Discharges from Small MS4s—UTR090000 effective 12/1/2016, modified 4/25/2019 (2 MB)
Municipal storm water systems such as cities, counties, state universities, state hospitals, etc. are covered by the General Permit for Discharges from Small MS4s which was issued on December 9, 2002. A general permit is a permit that is issued to cover a large number of facilities with similar discharges.
- Jordan Valley Municipalities (MS4) Permit No. UTS000001 (2 MB)
- Salt Lake City MS4 Permit No. UTS000002 (297 KB)
- Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) MS4 Permit No. UTS 000003 (301 KB)
- Fact Sheet and Statement of Basis (238 KB)
- Utah MS4 List (06/28/18) (13 KB)
- Annual Report Form (373 KB)
The MS4 Annual Report Form has been developed by EPA to obtain various MS4 program data. If you find you need additional space for your responses, please use Section 10, Additional Information.
- Construction Storm Water Inspection Form (Checklist) (06/2015)
The Division of Water Quality has developed a Construction Storm Water Inspection Form in coordination with the USWAC organization. This inspection form (checklist) will be used by DWQ and municipalities for inspection of construction projects throughout the State.
- Notice of Intent (1 MB)
An NOI should be submitted to the DWQ for coverage under the UPDES permit program.
- Development of Utah’s Small MS4 Storm Water Retention Standard (7.54 MB)
- EPA’s Green Infrastructure Real-world solutions from EPA’s Green Infrastructure Technical Assistance Program.
- EPA’s MS4 Website EPA’s MS4 website includes information on the MS4 program, stormwater management program, fact sheets and other resources.
- EPA’s Stormwater Phase II Fact Sheet Series EPA’s fact sheet series includes information on minimum control measures and permitting resources.
- Guide to Low Impact Development within Utah (10 MB)
Includes information on calculating and retaining the 90th percentile storm, best management practices, project documentation, storm water integration at the jurisdictional and project level, and a discussion of local case studies.
- International Stormwater BMP Database For best practices in stormwater management, go to the International Stormwater BMP Database website.
- Low Impact Development (LID) Center’s LID Urban Design Tools Provides watershed managers with a new set of tools and techniques that can be used to meet regulatory and receiving water protection program goals for urban retrofits, re-development projects, and new development sites.
- Measureable Goals Guidance for Phase II Small MS4s EPA’s fact sheet on the six minimum control measures for small MS4 owners/operators.
- DWQ’s Storm Water Inspection Checklist for Construction Activities (dated 6/2015)
- DWQ Guidance for Calculation of 90th Percentile Storm Event (741 KB)
- DWQ Guidance for Floor Drain Discharges from Public Water Well Houses & Pump Houses (269 KB)
Municipal Storm Water
Trisha DiPaola (801) 536-4193
Jeanne Riley (801) 536-4369
Construction Storm Water
Ryan Curtin (801) 536-4368
Industrial Storm Water
Lisa Stevens (801) 536-4386
Storm Water Specialist
Carl Adams (801) 536-4330
Storm Water Inspectors
Storm Water Database
WQInfoData@utah.gov (801) 536-4300