- General Permit for Discharges from Small Ms4s-UTR090000 effective 5/12/2021
Municipal storm water systems such as cities, counties, state universities, state hospitals, etc. are covered by the General Permit for Discharges from Small MS4s which was issued on December 9, 2002. A general permit is a permit that is issued to cover a large number of facilities with similar discharges.
- Jordan Valley Municipalities (MS4) Permit No. UTS000001
- Salt Lake City MS4 Permit No. UTS000002
- Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) MS4 Permit No. UTS 000003
- Utah MS4 List (06/28/18)
- Annual Report Form
The MS4 Annual Report Form has been developed by EPA to obtain various MS4 program data. If you find you need additional space for your responses, please use Section 10, Additional Information.
- Notice of Intent
An NOI should be submitted to the DWQ for coverage under the UPDES permit program.
- Oversight Construction Inspection Form: XLS | PDF
- Oversight Construction Notice of Termination Inspection Form: XLS | PDF
- New MS4 Coordinators Resource Guide
- Development of Utah’s Small MS4 Storm Water Retention Standard
- EPA’s Green Infrastructure Real-world solutions from EPA’s Green Infrastructure Technical Assistance Program.
- EPA’s MS4 Website EPA’s MS4 website includes information on the MS4 program, stormwater management program, fact sheets and other resources.
- EPA’s Stormwater Phase II Fact Sheet Series EPA’s fact sheet series includes information on minimum control measures and permitting resources.
- Guide to Low Impact Development within Utah
Includes information on calculating and retaining the 80th percentile storm, best management practices, project documentation, storm water integration at the jurisdictional and project level, and a discussion of local case studies.
- International Stormwater BMP Database For best practices in stormwater management, go to the International Stormwater BMP Database website.
- Low Impact Development (LID) Center’s LID Urban Design Tools Provides watershed managers with a new set of tools and techniques that can be used to meet regulatory and receiving water protection program goals for urban retrofits, re-development projects, and new development sites.
- Measureable Goals Guidance for Phase II Small MS4s EPA’s fact sheet on the six minimum control measures for small MS4 owners/operators.
- Best Management Practices for Snow Storage
- Best Management Practices for Discharging Swimming Pool and Hot Tub Water
- Best Management Practices for the Discharge of Water from Fire Suppression Systems
- DWQ Guidance for Calculation of 80th Percentile Storm Event
- DWQ Guidance for Floor Drain Discharges from Public Water Well Houses & Pump Houses
NeTCGP Help Files (MS4 Authority Role)
Jeanne Riley (firstname.lastname@example.org) (801) 536-4369
Municipal Storm Water
Kelsee York (email@example.com) (385) 260-2760
Construction Storm Water
David Smith (david firstname.lastname@example.org) (385) 414-0311
Industrial Storm Water
Carl Adams (email@example.com) (801) 536-4330