The Utah Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program for Class I, III, IV, and V injection wells requires owner/operators of all Class V injection wells which are not authorized by a UIC permit to submit inventory information according to the requirements of R317-7-6.3. Generally, Class V injection wells are authorized-by-rule (ABR), a determination that is made by UIC staff only after reviewing the information submitted on the UIC Inventory Information Form.
When Will the New UIC Class V Inventory Review Fee Become Effective?
On July 1, 2012 the UIC program will require the remittance of a one-time $200 inventory fee at the time of inventory submission for each subclass of Class V injection well at each facility location.
Why is There an UIC Class V Inventory Review Fee?
Class V injection wells include over 45 subclasses of wells. When an UIC Inventory Information Form is received, UIC staff enter the information into the UIC geodatabase and engage other relevant state and local regulatory personnel who may have shared regulatory authority over the injection wells to ensure that UIC program requirements are being met. A site inspection may be necessary before ABR status can be made. If it is determined that ABR status is warranted, UIC staff will prepare an ABR letter deliverable to the owner/operator which details the responsibilities of the owner/operator in operating a Class V injection well. If, however, it is determined that the injection will only be allowed to occur under a UIC permit, the inventory review fee will be applied toward the permit fee. The inventory review fee will cover staff time for performing these inventory processing activities.
To Remit Class V Inventory Review Fees
Online Credit Card Payment
To pay the UIC Inventory Review Fee online:
- Visit the Shopping Cart Page
- Click on “Payment for UIC Inventory Review Fee” under the UIC Inventory Review heading.
- On the Product Detail Page, enter the number of facilities (not the number of injection wells) for which you are submitting the UIC Inventory Review Fee. Click the “Add to Cart” button.
- On the “Your Cart” page, confirm the quantity and amount, and then click on the “Checkout” button.
- On the “Enter Your Shipping Address” page, enter into the “Shipping Info” block the contact information for the owner/operator of the UIC facility listed on the first page of the UIC Inventory Information Form (please include this information, even though nothing will be shipped out).
- In the “Additional Information” block at the bottom of the page, enter the UIC Facility Name from the first page of the UIC Inventory Information Form.
- Click the “Proceed to Payment” button and complete the credit card information. Then, click the “Continue” button.
Electronic Submittal of UIC Inventory Information Form
To submit the UIC Inventory Information Form using DWQ’s Electronic Submissions web service:
- Scan your completed, signed, and dated UIC Inventory Information Form and save as a PDF document on your computer.
- Visit the Water Quality Electronic Document Submission Portal
- Enter “UIC Inventory Information Form” in the “Purpose of Submission” box.
- Complete the “Submitted By” section.
- Select the file you created in Step 1 and then press the “Click here to submit” button
Submit UIC Inventory Review Fee and Inventory Information Forms by Mail
To submit both the form and fee by mail, send a check payable to Utah Division of Water Quality, along with your completed, signed, and dated form to:Utah Division of Water Quality
P.O. Box 144870
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4870
Attention: UIC Program
Contact Candace Cady with questions or comments.