Thank you for your interest in the Jordan River TMDL process. This page is designed to keep the Salt Lake Valley community better informed about what is going on with the Jordan River. Please refer back frequently, as we will continue to keep this page updated with the most recent information.
- Jordan River Research Synthesis (2016 – 2020) (4.3 MB)
- Phase 2 TMDL Update (2018) (375 KB)
- Jordan River Research Synthesis (2010 – 2015) (2 MB)
Jordan River Research Reports (2016 – 2019)
- Lower Jordan River Dissolved Oxygen Response to Flow Change (754 KB )
- Lower Jordan River Diurnal Dissolved Oxygen Assessment (342 KB)
- Demonstrating Pollutant Loading from Stormwater Discharge to an Urban River (2 MB)
- Nitrogen Sources and Transformations within the Jordan River (582 KB)
- Linking Water Sources and Water Quality in the Jordan River (2.8 MB)
- Microbial Community Response to Shifting Water Quality and Quantity (4.3 MB)
- Spatiotemporal Variability in Water Sources Controls Chemical and Physical Properties (853 KB)
- Nitrogen Dynamics in the Jordan River (608 KB)
- Organic Matter Sources, Composition, and Quality in Rivers (4.7 MB)
- Impact of Climate and Land Use Change on Streamflow and Sediment (5.8 MB)
- Light Attenuation and Nutrients in the Jordan River (1.8 MB)
- Coarse Particulate Organic Matter Measurements in the Jordan River (1.2 MB)
- Diel Patterns of Dissolved Oxygen, Fluorescing Dissolved Organic Matter, and Turbidity (1.6 MB)
- A Snail, a Clam, and the River Jordan (940 KB)
- Nonpoint Source Pollution Control Program Watershed Project (16.6 MB)
- Jordan River Modeling through the Water Quality Assessment Simulation Program (9.2 MB)
Jordan River Research Reports (2010 – 2015)
- A Preliminary Organic Matter Budget for the Jordan River (9 MB)
- Beyond the Urban Stream Syndrome (694 KB)
- Water Quality and Sediment Biogeochemistry in the Urban Jordan River (4 MB)
- Coarse Particulate Organic Matter Measurements in the Jordan River (1 MB)
- Preliminary CPOM Data Summary (505 KB)
- Impact of Organic Matter Composition from Urban Streams and Storm Water on Oxygen Consumption (3 MB)
- Lower Jordan River: Phase 1 Report (5 MB)
- Summary Report for Dissolved Oxygen Monitoring in the Jordan River (2 MB)
TMDL Phase 1 Report
- Jordan River TMDL – Phase 1 (9 MB)
Water Quality Modeling
Receiving Water Model: WASP
Model of the Jordan River that was developed in collaboration with the University of Utah as a decision support tool for the TMDL.
- WASP Model Report (9 MB)
Receiving Water Model: QUAL2Kw
Model of the Jordan River that was developed by the Division of Water Quality as a decision support tool for the TMDL.
- Jordan River TMDL: 2010 QUAL2Kw Model Calibration Technical Memorandum (1 MB)
- Jordan River QUAL2Kw Uncertainty Analysis (541 KB)
- Jordan River Summer 2014 Synoptic Survey and QUAL2kw Model Validation Report (9 MB)
Watershed Model: HSPF
Model of the watershed within Salt Lake County that was developed by Salt Lake County as an implementation tool for the TMDL.
Models are available upon request.
Technical Advisory Committee
- August 13, 2020 Agenda (234 KB)
- October 15, 2018 Agenda (408 KB)
- TAC Members (12 KB)
Please contact Lucy Parham, (801) 536-4332, of the Utah Division of Water Quality with any questions on the Jordan River DO TMDL process.