The Municipal Wastewater Planning Program (MWPP) uses an annual survey to assist owners of municipal sewerage systems and wastewater treatment works in evaluating and summarizing the technical, operational, and financial conditions of and requirements for these facilities. The purpose of MWPP is to help communities understand these business operations better and to help identify and resolve potential problem areas before they become serious and costly.
At the end of each year, the Division of Water Quality distributes the MWPP survey to over 200 municipalities and districts. These utilities compile the necessary financial, operations, performance, and compliance information requested and report their completed surveys to their governing council or board and to the Division.
The Division uses the results from the MWPP in its permitting and assistance programs, including:
- Utah Sewer Management Program Annual Report
- Utah Wastewater Operator Certification Program
- Wastewater Financial Assistance Program
- Water Quality Board Financial Sustainability Assessments
- Financial Needs Report to EPA and Congress
Who Must Participate?
Participation in the MWPP survey in mandatory for all:
- Utilities that own or operate a sanitary sewerage system
- Utilities that have received financial assistance (loans, grants, etc.) from the Water Quality Board or the Community Impact Board
All other systems are strongly encouraged to participate.
New 2018 Reports Coming Soon!
Information will be sent to a contact for each system via email.
MWPP Goes Paperless for 2017
As part of the Engineering Section’s Continuous Improvement Process and by popular demand, the Division distributed the 2017 MWPP Survey over the internet via this webpage, abandoning the traditional mass mailings that had been our December custom. We also organized the survey into a simplified Excel® format and updated the questions to both simplify the reporting process (most questions now simply require Yes or No responses) and to improve the quality of the annual reports.
The paperless MWPP system was tested thoroughly and we believe its implementation will be smooth. As with most new systems, there will likely be a few bumps and we appreciate receiving your feedback.
Instructions for Completing the 2017 MWPP Annual Report that was due April 16, 2018
Retrieving/Downloading Your Survey
- Go to the unsubmitted MWPP Survey Forms by Facility (below)
- Click on your facility name and follow the prompt to download your MWPP form.
- Save the downloaded file to your local computer or network.
Answer All of the Questions on Your Survey
- Open the Excel survey file.
- Read each question. Use your mouse or Tab Key to select the yellow answer boxes corresponding to each question.
- Do not use the Enter Key. If you do, you just skipped a question. Use the mouse to go back.
- Put your answers in the yellow boxes. Use the dropdown answers when provided.
- You can Save the form any time and come back to it later.
- When done, verify that all yellow boxes have been filled in.
- Check your work and Save the form.
If you have any trouble or questions, please contact Division Engineering Section Staff at (801) 536-4300.
Board/Council Certification of MWPP Annual Report
- In previous years, prior to submitting MWPP annual reports to the Division, it was required that the utility’s governing body adopt the MWPP annual report by resolution. This requirement has not changed. Because of the paperless format, what has changed is the manner in which this resolution is transmitted back to the Division. Instead of sending a notarized copy of the resolution, the MWPP now only requires that the date or intended date of the board or council’s resolution be provided.
- Fill in the date or intended date of the board or council’s resolution adopting the MWPP report.
- Save the form.
- Now you are ready to submit the completed MWPP report back to the Division!
Submitting the MWPP annual report to DWQ
- Please do not submit your form until you have completed all of the parts. We will only accept one submittal from each utility.
- Type in the “Purpose of Submission” box the name of your utility, the report year, and MWPP. For example, type “Alta Sewer System 2017 MWPP”.
- Fill in the rest of the requested information.
- Upload your completed MWPP report by following the prompt to attach the Excel® file. Use the Browse button to find the file on your computer system, select the file, and click Open.
- Once the file is attached click the “submit” button to submit your MWPP for the year.
- You will receive a confirmation number upon submission. Keep it for your records.
Listed below are the blank forms for “unsubmitted” 2017 MWPP facilities
- CANYON LAND IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (CLOACA MAXIMA, LLC)
- CASTLE VALLEY SSD – CASTLE DALE
- CASTLE VALLEY SSD – CLAWSON
- CASTLE VALLEY SSD – CLEVELAND
- CASTLE VALLEY SSD – ELMO
- CASTLE VALLEY SSD – EMERY
- CASTLE VALLEY SSD – FERRON
- CASTLE VALLEY SSD – HUNTINGTON
- CASTLE VALLEY SSD – ORANGEVILLE
- DAGGETT CO – DUTCH JOHN
- EAST CARBON CITY – EAST CARBON & SUNNYSIDE
- EAST CARBON CITY – COLUMBIA
- EMIGRATION IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (RUTH’S DINER/CANYON HOUSE)
- HEBER CITY
- HIGHLAND CITY
- HINCKLEY TOWN
- HYDE PARK
- LONG VALLEY SEWER ID
- MEXICAN HAT SSD #1
- MONA CITY WWTP
- MT. PLEASANT
- PANGUITCH LAKE S. S. D.
- PLEASANT GROVE (need .xls file submitted)
- POWDER MOUNTAIN W & SID
- SALT LAKE CITY WRF
- SARATOGA SPRINGS
- SOLITUDE IMPROVEMENT DIST. (B. CTNWD CYN)
- SOUTH WEBER
- SPRING CITY
- SUNSET CITY
- TICABOO UTILITY IMPROVEMENT DIST
- TIMPANOGOS SSD
- WASHINGTON TERRACE
- WEST HAVEN SPECIAL SERVICE DISTRICT
- WEST JORDAN
- WHITE HILLS SSD
- WOODLAND HILLS